Modsy is a fast-growing SF-based startup that allows customers to virtually experience products, professionally curated to their taste and designed in the customer's actual 3d room. We are defining the future of shopping. Sparked by the passion for the intersection of design and technology, Modsy is being brought to life by a diverse and talented team of engineers, artists, designers, and creators.
The Assistant Buyer is responsible for assisting the Director in product development, sampling, selection, merchandising, communication and other tasks while following Modsy policies and strategies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists the Director with all activities related to Modsy systems including setting up and maintaining vendors and SKUs, creating and maintaining assortment sheets and visual line sheets, working with style to launch newness within the assortment and the Modsy styles.
- Identifies business opportunities and recommends new products to the Director.
- Stays current and well-informed on current trends in the marketplace.
- Collaborates with and supports the Director with strategy building, assortment planning, product development, sampling, sourcing, and in-season management in order to maximize sales and profits.
- Participates and eventually presents product knowledge and training to the style network and redesign specialists.
- Collaborates with cross-functional team on assortment planning tools, data system input, and maintenance.
- Manages vendor relations and new vendor set-up including communication of developments, new accounts, payments, and communication of Modsy policies. Maintains communication with vendors to ensure 100% understanding of our needs and intentions related to their product.
- Monitors sales and contributes to decisions based on trends.
- Reviews new products to ensure quality standards are met.
- Maintains product information and reviews imagery for prop building to ensure new items can go live online at the appropriate time.
- Manages the sample request and receipt process, ensuring samples arrive with time sufficient to be approved and ordered prior to seasonal deadlines.
- Works collaboratively with the Style Team in developing the optimum merchandise presentation by collection.
- All other tasks as assigned.
Education & Formal Training
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Ability to determine and shift priorities quickly.
- Ability to carry out detailed tasks and projects with minimal direction or supervision.
- Ability to take initiative to complete tasks and solve problems.
- Creative and analytical skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build positive working relationships.
- Work is generally performed within an office environment, which includes the use of standard office equipment.
- More than 30 hours a week is spent sitting in front of a computer.
Experience & Skills
- 2 years of buying office or related experience.
- Excellent skills in Retail Math, Word and Excel.
- Previous retail store experience is a plus.
- Highly organized with the ability to multitask.
- Requires many hours of working in front of a computer.
- Visual acuity (8-10 hours viewing a computer).
- Professional appearance and demeanor.