Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
Casper is seeking a Director of Content Strategy and Social Media. This person will develop a strategic communications framework for how to engage current customers, and recruit new ones to our growing and beloved brand across our digital properties (paid/owned/earned). Reporting directly to the VP of Marketing, the Director of Content Strategy and Social Media will be responsible for digital audience development, editorial and content strategy and production, social media marketing, community management and select creative/production initiatives.
Casper (casper.com) is a global sleep company that launched in 2014 with an obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress sold directly to consumers. Its critically acclaimed sleep surface was developed in-house, has a sleek design, and is delivered in a small, "how did they do that?"-sized box. The company is one of the fastest-growing consumer brands of all time, and its product line has expanded to include sheets, pillows, a matching foundation, and a dog mattress. Casper was named one of Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies in 2017, and its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do
- Maintain Casper’s Leadership position as the category champion of social engagement, driving brand awareness and creating loyalty through unexpected and surprising conversations
- Thoughtfully integrate social media into larger business objectives, and evolve our content strategy based on new commercial opportunities
- Leverage social listening tools to provide consumer insights and cultural trends to the business to help inform innovation, creative development, media targeting and memorable experiences
- From in store, to Retail, Media Partnerships and Social, drive the creation of an omni-channel content strategy that educates/delights our customers at every touchpoint
- Lead a team focused on social engagement, and develop quarterly content platforms that attract new audiences into our social community.
- Establish Influencer Strategy - Identify, recruit and help manage influencers and third party content creators to share experiences of Casper brand and products
- Develop thought leadership content that helps solidify the brand’s new mission in engaging, innovative ways
- Produce episodic content for digital, programming that will attract and grow new audiences.
- Create organic content for amplification through Casper’s Own and Third Party channels to drive qualified traffic to Casper.com
Our dream candidate has...
- 10+ years of relevant experience in content strategy and/or digital/social planning, with a proven ability to use content to drive business performance and brand equity
- Domain expertise in all things social - - with a deep understanding of major platforms and their respective strengths and demographics
- Ability to navigate both the creative and analytical sides of social, tying strategies to concrete business outcomes/learnings
- Expertise working with third parties and external partners to create social-first content and programming
- Experience working in an omni-channel environment, where engaging and consistent content will be required for all distribution channels
- Experience identifying meaningful, actionable insights to fuel nimble campaigns and initiatives
- Impeccable writing skills
- Experience managing and growing a team
The syrup on your waffles
- Salary to pay your bills, a potential bonus for some splurging, and equity so that you’re part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...).
- 401K program so you have some savings for later in life.
- Extra cash incentives for being healthy and fit (we actually give you money to track your sleep!).
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- Bi-weekly catered lunches to catch up with your teammates.
- Free snacks and coffee, including a huge breakfast selection (10 types of cereal anyone?)
- Nap pods, for those days when you stayed out a little too late...
- A full gifted bed set when you join (mattress, sheets, pillows, the works)!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you, but if you’re feeling sleepy, take a nap before applying!