Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
As a Wholesale Planning Manager, you are focused on improving our supply/demand planning operations within Casper’s Wholesale business. Your role is at a crucial balance point of integration between business planning/sales and operations planning, and financial planning.
Casper (casper.com) is a global sleep company that launched in 2014 with an obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress sold directly to consumers. Its critically acclaimed sleep surface was developed in-house, has a sleek design, and is delivered in a small, "how did they do that?"-sized box. The company is one of the fastest-growing consumer brands of all time, and its product line has expanded to include sheets, pillows, a matching foundation, and a dog mattress. Casper was named one of Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies in 2017, and its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do
- Develop short and long term supply and demand models that seek to minimize total costs and inventories while maintaining service levels to partners and customers worldwide.
- Establish and utilize best methods (statistical models, processes and software tools) in creating forecasts and respective inventory targets.
- Present Supply and Demand recommendations to leadership, drive timely decisions, and ensure clear and concise communication to all stakeholders in the supply chain.
- Lead forecast and inventory planning meetings with customer marketing managers, reviewing recommended demand forecasts and inventory goals; Prepare, report, and communicate forecast and inventory measurements to management by defending recommendations with sound models and logic.
- Continuously monitor inventory levels to identify areas for adjustment -- can be master data, inventory targets, plant schedule adherence or other data points
- Develop high-quality supply plans (production, capacity, and distribution) by utilizing best-practice processes and sound business judgment.
- Monitor plan attainment and cut reports
- Communicate service issues and coordinate resolution
- Develop, monitor and report key performance metrics
Our dream candidate is...
- BA/BS degree in Business, Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering, related field or equivalent practical experience
- 5 to 7 years of experience in Supply or Demand planning and execution.
- Experience in demand forecasting, inventory optimization and supply planning.
- Mid to advanced Excel skills.
- Forecasting tool knowledge.
- ERP implementation knowledge.
Nice to haves:
- Understanding of end-to-end Supply Chain Management processes (scheduling, warehousing, fulfillment, reverse logistics).
- Able to collaborate across various levels of an organization, with experience in leading cross-functional process improvements.
- Able to work towards strategic business goals.
- Excellent in analytical, problem solving and communication skills.
- Excellent in math and critical thinking skills, as well as the ability to communicate at the appropriate level of detail or summarization, given the audience and objective.
- Proven to run meetings where cross-functional decisions are needed and reached using analysis and facilitation skills.
- Experienced in project management.
The syrup on your waffles
- Salary to pay your bills, a potential bonus for some splurging, and equity so that you’re part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...).
- 401K program so you can still spend money later in life.
- Extra cash incentives for being healthy and fit (we actually give you money to track your sleep!).
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- Bi-weekly catered lunches to catch up with your teammates.
- Free snacks and coffee, including a huge breakfast selection (10 types of cereal anyone?)
- Nap pods, for those days when you stayed out a little too late...
- A full gifted bed set when you join (mattress, sheets, pillows, the works)!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you, but if you’re feeling sleepy, take a nap before applying!