Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
Casper is looking for a Facilities Specialist to be responsible for ensuring the smooth and safe operations of our rapidly expanding store fleet. This role will be involved in setting the foundation for new stores and oversee the ongoing maintenance of existing stores. The right candidate is willing to get their hands dirty but has the functional knowledge to provide strategic guidance as we scale.
Casper (casper.com) is a global sleep company that launched in 2014 with an obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress sold directly to consumers. Its critically acclaimed sleep surface was developed in-house, has a sleek design, and is delivered in a small, "how did they do that?"-sized box. The company is one of the fastest-growing consumer brands of all time, and its product line has expanded to include sheets, pillows, a matching foundation, and a dog mattress. Casper was named one of Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies in 2017, and its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do
- Collaborate with Construction, Real Estate, Merchandising, IT, to setup facilities foundation for new stores
- (utilities, safety plans, equipment/supplies, services, inspections)
- Assist new store transition from opening to ongoing operations
- Develop and own strategy for store level facility management (i.e. what is owned locally vs corporately)
- Accountable for timely completion of all retail R&M requests
- Responsible for retail R&M budgets
- Identify procurement opportunities and capitalize on growing economy of scale
- Manage all facilities documentation (including vendor contracts, asset management tracking, warranties, etc)
- Identify and automate recurring services
- Manage all protocols and policies including cleaning services and supplies, emergency action safety training and facilitation, and building and mechanical maintenance
Our dream candidate is...
- Experienced in the world of facilities, startups, and customer service with 3-5 years of hands-on experience
- Action-oriented and excited to step up to challenges
- Demonstrated experience managing a budget effectively
- Experience working with contractors, PMs, vendors, and outside consultants
- A team player who is also able to work autonomously and requires little oversight
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, with a demonstrated ability to understand complex business processes
- Implemented an end-to-end facilities management system
- Knowledge of process improvement methodologies
- Comfortable multitasking, prioritizing requests, and have an unwavering can-do attitude
- Flexible to take on tasks as the role expands and changes
- Bonus points for experience with a high growth company
The syrup on your waffles
- Salary to pay your bills, a potential bonus for some splurging, and equity so that you’re part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...).
- 401K program so you can still spend money later in life.
- Extra cash incentives for being healthy and fit (we actually give you money to track your sleep!).
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- Bi-weekly catered lunches to catch up with your teammates.
- Free snacks and coffee, including a huge breakfast selection (10 types of cereal anyone?)
- Nap pods, for those days when you stayed out a little too late...
- A full gifted bed set when you join (mattress, sheets, pillows, the works)!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you, but if you’re feeling sleepy, take a nap before applying!