Omada Health is on a mission to inspire and enable people everywhere to live free of chronic disease.
Our central product is an immersive online cognitive behavioral therapy program that works to prevent and/or mitigate the long-term impact of chronic disease on the lives of our participants and the balance sheets of our customers. We leverage the latest in behavioral science, data science, and integrated technology attract, engage Participants and to create meaningful clinical outcomes.
Omada has pioneered a unique go-to-market strategy that leverages deep partnerships with established players across the health-care ecosystem. These relationships, and the technical integrations that power them, have Omada on a remarkably accelerating growth trajectory.
To capture the value in front of us, we are making significant investments in our B2B technology teams.
As Product Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Knowing and enabling Omada’s Partners and Customers
- Understanding the key drivers of our business and our unit economics
- Prioritizing epics/stories efficiently across a complex set of inputs
- Fostering teamwork through trusted relationships
- Creating a shared vision across stakeholders through efficient strategic planning
- Zooming in and zooming out to execute both the details and the strategy
- Executing the PM fundamentals before, during, and after each sprint
Your strategic themes will be:
- Operational Optimization - You will analyze our customer lifecycle, and our internal operations; looking for high value moments/milestones where thoughtfully designed systems can improve the efficiency of our business.
- Competitive Differentiation - You will endeavor to understand our customer needs at key touch points with Omada. This understanding will help you conceive of services and tools that make our customers love working us; at massive scale.
- Extensibility - Our customers are aggressively asking us to quickly expand our offering. You will help us evolve our systems to make adding new products more efficient over time.
Your experience should include:
- 3-5 years of Product Management experience
- Platform Product Management experience (e.g. API design)
- Business process optimization
- Demonstrated technical ability
- Success with a wide variety of internal/external stakeholders
- Using both qualitative and quantitative insights to inform software development
- Defining, reporting and executing against team level, user-based KPIs
- Healthcare / digital health experience a plus
- SaaS experience a plus
- Competitive salary
- Stock options (extended post termination option exercise window for Omadans who are with us 3 years or more)
- Flexible vacation
- Parental leave
- Health, dental, and vision
- Healthy snacks and meals
- Wellness events (e.g. running club)
- Community volunteering
- 401k retirement savings plan
More about Omada Health: We’ve pioneered digital behavioral medicine: an innovative approach to tackling the growing epidemic of type 2 diabetes, heart disease, and obesity. Our online programs combine world-class science, technology, and design to inspire and enable people everywhere to live free of chronic disease. Named one of Fast Company’s “50 Most Innovative Companies in the World,” our team includes passionate and talented individuals. Our approach has been embraced by major employers across the country, including Costco and Iron Mountain, as well as leading health plans, such as Cigna, Kaiser Permanente, HealthNet, Humana, and regional Blue Cross / Blue Shield plans.
We carefully hire the best talent we can find, which means actively seeking diversity of beliefs, backgrounds, education, and ways of thinking. We strive to build an inclusive culture where differences are celebrated and leveraged to inform better design and business decisions. Omada is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws.