Our business is experiencing tremendous growth, and with this growth comes a rapid increase in operational complexity. This role owns the evolution of People Operations to keep up with the ever-changing needs of our business, and ultimately ensure that our employees always feel looked after.
At Second Measure, the People team is comprised of three functions: Human Resources, Talent, and People Operations. HR takes care of things like benefits, compensation, and organizational development. Talent manages all recruiting and staffing efforts.
People Operations is responsible for the day-to-day employee experience, broadly encompassing facilities, IT, events, and administration. Our Ops team handles things like:
- Anticipate and proactively address employee needs — e.g., addressing varied dietary restrictions; designing offices with mothers’ rooms; planning accessible and inclusive events
- Design, build out, and support all of the technology that employees use every day
- Design and build out our office spaces to feel good and function well
- Plan events, including onsite, offsite, internal, and external gatherings
- Office management, administrative assistance, and reception
- In all of this, ensuring that remote employees are treated as first-class citizens, from how and when we schedule events to the way we design our voice and video systems
- Making sure we celebrate our successes!
We have a presence in seven states and four countries, with 50+ workers and growing. We have sixphysical spaces (soon to be seven!), and hold multiple company-wide events each year. People Operations is comprised of three people today, and we’ll need to scale to match company growth.
In this role, you’ll:
- Own the complete vision and strategy for People Operations
- Build the cultural foundation of the company with a strong focus on people
- Always be two steps ahead in planning out our space needs, event planning, and your own team’s needs
- Budget and plan your team’s function based on the company’s growth plans, with the ability to forecast year-to-year projections
- Lead, grow, and mentor your team
- Find solutions that strike the right balance of budget, timing, and scope
- Continue our practices of excellence; we’d rather take the time to do something once and well, than do a lot of things halfway
- Bring new thoughts and solutions; we need someone who doesn’t just do what they’ve always done, or what other companies do
- Be a proactive partner with the executive staff; we need someone who can give expert advice on the right paths forward
- You have a genuine desire to help those around you
- You’re passionate about developing and coaching the people who report up to you; you win if your team is winning
- 7+ years of experience in Operations or relevant field
- You have managed and grown a team
- You’re sharp, proactive, and able to manage complexity
- You’re exceptionally well-organized and attentive to detail. You don’t let things fall through the cracks
- You have high empathy and an inclusive mindset
- Teamwork makes the dream work!
Working at Second Measure:
- Medical, dental and vision benefits; plus a generous parental leave policy (up to 12 weeks paid leave, up to 1 year total leave)
- Flexible work from home and paid time off policies
- 401K with company match (up to 4% of salary)
- Pre-tax commuter benefits