News Flash: on the surface, how could something like ‘governance’ or ‘compliance’ in an industry such as the one ACL plays in just can’t be all that sexy, right? The industry seems irrelevant to your daily life — you wouldn’t touch them as a consumer — so why work here? It’ll take a bit to explain, but trust us, it’s worth it. Here are a few good reasons…
Young At Heart
We are a 30-year-old company that moves like a startup. It’s the best of both worlds. We have huge customers (90% of the Fortune 500), impressive revenues, and are not worrying about our next funding round. At the same time we’re creating new SaaS products with the latest and greatest technologies, inventing new things, and doing so rapidly.
We are helping to change the world for the better
Our Customer Success team is lucky enough to work with some of the largest brands in the world. And we are helping them to make our world a safer, happier and more ethical place. Our software has helped a federal agency track down missing children, help companies avoid vendors that use child labour, and even help banks find patterns that suggest terrorists, drug dealers or other criminals. Talk about having an impact!
We're have an awesome team
Our Customer Success team is made up of pros with a wide variety of skills - from consultants with in-depth industry experience, to Customer Success Managers that make it their mission to ensure our clients are successful. The common thread with our entire team is a desire and passion to do whatever it takes to ensure our clients are the most sought-after within their own organizations. This includes painting a vision of how our data-driven software can give them insights into their business as it relates to GRC.
It's not your Typical Career
Many candidates in the accounting, audit or GRC industry have never imagined working for a tech company. From project and client management, to sales and software design, we have so many unique opportunities that will lead to a challenging and rewarding career path. Layer on things like fun team events, community involvement and volunteering and driving the company Torino (seriously), how can you not enjoy it?
We are Damn Proud of our Work
We have been awarded more GRC 20/20 Innovation awards than any other vendor. We are recognized by industry analysts such as Gartner and Forrester. We have been awarded top employer awards and team awards in Canada. Our trophy case is getting crowded thanks to the awesome team at ACL.
But enough about us. We take recruiting seriously at ACL. Our team is awesome and we are picky about adding more awesome people. Our ideal new team member will be:
You are a professional services leader, passionate about technology, creatively and commercially driven, and are fully committed to a beautiful customer experience. You have a background in governance, risk & compliance; can inspire a team with your commercial and technical passion, love working with C-Level executives at big companies, and can paint a vision where Data-Driven GRC technology can best serve the needs of business. You are excited to take a starring role within ACL’s global Customer Success Organization, leading customer adoption teams to drive integration of ACL’s Data-Driven GRC solutions, and supports business development activities across a mix of priority commercial and public sector accounts.
A Doer and an Achiever
You know how to develop a practice, business, and people. You own three key roles focused on growth and you embrace them all. In developing our adoption practice you oversee planning and budgeting for adoption programs; mobilize and manage adoption teams; define deliverable structure and content; facilitate buy-in of proposed solutions from top management levels at the client; and direct on-time, quality delivery of adoption milestones; with accountability for adoption economics and accountability for mitigating adoption risks.
You love working with people in a team environment that thrives on collaboration, risk-taking, and learning. In developing people and teams, you coach and mentor other team members to help grow their skills; provide input into team building and actively participate in recruitment and retention activities. You provide leadership and support for adoption teams and all ACLers while fostering an innovative & inclusive team-oriented work environment.
A Business Leader
You believe in the ACL vision of a world where GRC professionals are an organization’s most sought after people and you’ll do your best to help make that a reality by growing ACL’s business and our sphere of influence. You provide client management for top decision makers at key clients; participate and lead the proposal development process for top tier strategic services opportunities; contribute to the development of services pricing strategies; and participate in public speaking events to position ACL, and yourself, as thought-leaders.
We think the right candidate will have:
- At least 10 years’ experience working in IT Audit, Risk Consulting or SOX Audit for a public accounting firm, professional services firm, or within industry at a senior level
- Experience in leading large projects or programs focused on the management of internal controls, enterprise risk and/or operational risks.
- Experience with governance, risk and compliance (GRC) methodologies, tools and enablers.
- Demonstrable understanding of risk measurement and quantification techniques
- Strong business development skills through your ability to understand and articulate the business value of your proposed solutions to new prospects or through exceptional client management skills that has resulted in follow-on work through your role as a “Trusted Advisor”.
- Prior experience generating new business opportunities by participating in market facing activities and developing thought leadership materials
- The ability to work with other teams at ACL to deliver value to your customers and to help ACL develop, innovate and sell our solutions and services.
- Adept at implementing technology-enabled business solutions for clients as part of a high-talent team.
- Experience in leading and mentoring people and developing talent.
- Degree in business, accounting, finance, computer science or a related discipline
- CPA/CA, CIA, CISA, CMA, RICS APC, PMP or other relevant certification
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills including great public speaking skills
- Creative and disciplined problem-solving techniques, a strong sense of urgency, attention to detail
- Unyielding, customer-intensive focus
- Strong knowledge of common ERP or business systems is preferable
- Ability to travel up to 50%
Not sure if you’re a perfect match? Well, if you kick an exceptional amount of butt in adoption and business leadership, are a quick learner and not afraid to try something new, get in touch. We might be able to work something out.