LOCATION: Santa Monica, CA
TITLE: DevOps Intern
REPORTS TO: Director of Operations & Security
Our DevOps summer internship is a 10-week program designed to further develop the skill sets learned through university curriculum and courses. As part of our internship program, a DevOps Mentor will be assigned to you, to assist you through the learning process.
As an integral part of the operation team, the DevOps Intern will assist in making sure the TigerConnect service stays an industry leader and has the top level of reliability in the industry. Join us and help manage the Amazon EC2 and additional cloud / hosted infrastructure. Monitor and tune the performance of a high-traffic service. Identify and correct bottlenecks in the system, while working with development teams on optimizations and best-practices.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Knowledge of some of the following:
- Systems programming or scripting in a dynamic languages (Ruby, Python, Bash, Go)
- Infrastructure as code / cloud / data center automation (Chef, Cloudformation, AWS API)
- Public cloud platforms (Amazon EC2)
- Monitoring systems (Sensu, Logstash, Kibana, Graphite, etc)
- Exposure to the following are a plus:
- High-performance, open source web technologies (nginx, haproxy)
- Open source databases (Redis, Cassandra, MySQL, Elasticsearch, Hadoop)
- Messaging systems (Kafka, ActiveMQ)
- Common Unix network protocols (ssh, tcp, http, snmp, smtp)
- Common data formats (json, ASCII, xml)
- High-availability, high-performance technologies (NLB, CDN, memcache, etc)
- Exposure to Erlang and NodeJS
Who We Are:
As healthcare’s largest provider of clinical communication solutions, TigerConnect helps physicians, nurses, and other staff communicate and collaborate more effectively, accelerating productivity, reducing costs, and improving patient outcomes. With over 7,000 facilities, delivering hundreds of millions of messages monthly, TigerConnect continually delivers advanced product innovations and integrates with critical hospital systems such as the EHR, nurse call, and scheduling solutions. It is recognized as a top Must-See LA Tech Office, one of the 5 Sizzling Silicon Beach Startups to Watch by Entrepreneur, and one of the Best Places to Work in Healthcare for 2015, 2016, and 2017. TigerConnect currently has over 125 employees with offices in Santa Monica, San Jose, and Shanghai.
Why We’re Different:
- We are the largest provider of clinical communication and collaboration solutions in the U.S.
- We're making much-needed, major changes in the healthcare industry - allowing nurses and doctors to treat more patients, more quickly
- Prime office space in the major tech ecosystems of California - Silicon Beach and Silicon Valley - each complete with a loaded fridge and tons of other perks (think rock climbing wall, food trucks, yoga, happy hours & more)
- An opportunity to work closely with a proven executive team, board, and serial entrepreneurs (www.tigerconnect.com/about)
- A fun environment that embraces a “work hard-play hard” culture
- We have team members that love what they do and are willing to go the extra mile to help clients, support the company's rapid growth, and ultimately optimize healthcare workflows