LOCATION: Santa Monica, CA
TITLE: Platform Intern
REPORTS TO: Senior Server Engineer
Our Summer Internship is 10 weeks long during the months of June through August. It is designed to give you real-world hands-on experience. You will be working alongside more experienced developers in customizing our software to our clients. The opportunity is invaluable. We have various opportunities within our Software Development Team. Be part of a team where you will be involved in day to day activities and have an impact.
What You'll Own:
As a Platform Intern, you will be working to specify moderately complex software programming applications and modify/maintain applications. You will also be responsible for participating in design and coding activities with other staff members. You will be working on a system where security, scalability, and reliability are critical.
What You've Accomplished:
- Graduating by June 2020 or earlier with a BS in Computer Science or related field.
- A cumulative minimum GPA of 3.0
- Background in functional programming with languages like Erlang, Lisp, Scheme, Haskell, Scala, f# or even Prolog or Oz
- Be able to work out of our headquarters located in Santa Monica, CA
- Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to other technical staff members.
- Ability to interface well with Professional Service staff and other non-technical members of the organization.
- Demonstrate aptitude for learning new technologies
- Be a team player
What You Bring to the Table:
- High interest in communication technology for mobile devices: http, xmpp, sse
- Familiarity with Amazon AWS services, Cassandra, Docker, Elastic Search, & Redis is a plus
Who We Are:
As healthcare’s largest provider of clinical communication solutions, TigerConnect helps physicians, nurses, and other staff communicate and collaborate more effectively, accelerating productivity, reducing costs, and improving patient outcomes. With over 7,000 facilities, delivering hundreds of millions of messages monthly, TigerConnect continually delivers advanced product innovations and integrates with critical hospital systems such as the EHR, nurse call, and scheduling solutions. It is recognized as a top Must-See LA Tech Office, one of the 5 Sizzling Silicon Beach Startups to Watch by Entrepreneur, and one of the Best Places to Work in Healthcare for 2015, 2016, and 2017. TigerConnect currently has over 125 employees with offices in Santa Monica, San Jose, and Shanghai.
Why We’re Different:
- We are the largest provider of clinical communication and collaboration solutions in the U.S.
- We're making much-needed, major changes in the healthcare industry - allowing nurses and doctors to treat more patients, more quickly
- Prime office space in the major tech ecosystems of California - Silicon Beach and Silicon Valley - each complete with a loaded fridge and tons of other perks (think rock climbing wall, food trucks, yoga, happy hours & more)
- An opportunity to work closely with a proven executive team, board, and serial entrepreneurs (www.tigerconnect.com/about)
- A fun environment that embraces a “work hard-play hard” culture
- We have team members that love what they do and are willing to go the extra mile to help clients, support the company's rapid growth, and ultimately optimize healthcare workflows
TigerConnect is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
*Recruiting firms that submit resumes to TigerConnect without first entering into a written contract with TigerConnect will not be entitled to any compensation on candidates referred by that firm.