LOCATION: Santa Monica, CA
TITLE: QA Director
REPORTS TO: VP of Engineering
TigerConnect - the leading provider of HIPAA compliant messaging and workflow optimization tools for the healthcare industry - is seeking a Director of QA to join our team in sunny Santa Monica. This individual will lead our Quality Assurance and Engineering efforts both as a people manager and vision holder for the testing efforts of the Quality Assurance and Automation teams. Their primary responsibilities will be developing the current and future talents of the QA staff, improving testing processes and plans at an organizational level, and testing expertise.
The QA Director will work cross-functionally with leaders in product, engineering, operations, and customer care to push organizational changes to improve the quality and development process throughout TigerConnect.
What You’ll Own:
- Defining the overall testing strategy for TigerConnect.
- Developing a framework for an automation strategy, at a functional and integration level.
- Staffing and hiring of QA Analysts, Engineers, and SDETs
- Developing and Reviewing test strategies for features across Web, iOS, Android, and server.
- Evaluating the release coverage and test execution during each sprint and prior to release.
- Drive the development plans for our QA staff in refining and growing their craft skills.
What You Bring to the Table:
- 7+ years of testing experience across multiple applications and platforms
- At least 5 years managing and growing teams of Quality Assurance professionals
- Proven expertise in software development and software design is required; experience working in agile development and knowledge of best practices.
- Familiarity with build tools such as Gradle, Maven, Travis, and Jenkins
- Experience working with geographically diverse teams
- Formal Training and knowledge of QA methodologies such as ISTQB certification
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering preferred
- Healthcare, SaaS, or Enterprise industry experience is a plus
Who We Are:
As healthcare’s largest provider of clinical communication solutions, TigerConnect helps physicians, nurses, and other staff communicate and collaborate more effectively, accelerating productivity, reducing costs, and improving patient outcomes. With over 7,000 facilities, delivering hundreds of millions of messages monthly, TigerConnect continually delivers advanced product innovations and integrates with critical hospital systems such as the EHR, nurse call, and scheduling solutions. It is recognized as a top Must-See LA Tech Office, one of the 5 Sizzling Silicon Beach Startups to Watch by Entrepreneur, and one of the Best Places to Work in Healthcare for 2015, 2016, and 2017. TigerConnect currently has over 120 employees with offices in Santa Monica, San Jose, and Shanghai.
Why We’re Different:
- We are the largest provider of clinical communication and collaboration solutions in the U.S.
- We're making much-needed, major changes in the healthcare industry - allowing nurses and doctors to treat more patients, more quickly
- Prime office space in the major tech ecosystems of California - Silicon Beach and Silicon Valley - each complete with a loaded fridge and tons of other perks (think rock climbing wall, food trucks, yoga, happy hours & more)
- An opportunity to work closely with a proven executive team, board, and serial entrepreneurs (www.tigerconnect.com/about)
- A fun environment that embraces a “work hard-play hard” culture
- We have team members that love what they do and are willing to go the extra mile to help clients, support the company's rapid growth, and ultimately optimize healthcare workflows
- This is a full time opportunity with a competitive salary, medical benefits, and 401K matching plan
TigerConnect is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
*Recruiting firms that submit resumes to TigerConnect without first entering into a written contract with TigerConnect will not be entitled to any compensation on candidates referred by that firm.