Want to help people get the financial protection they need — and feel confident in their choices? Policygenius is a NYC-based tech startup that makes it easy to compare and buy insurance online. Since 2014, we’ve raised over $52 million of venture capital, established ourselves as a pioneer in Fintech and helped more than 4.5 million people get vital coverage for their families.
We're rapidly growing and looking for people with grit, great attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our powerhouse team. Come see why we were voted one of INC's best workplaces of 2018!
Content Software Engineering at Policygenius
Policygenius continues to disrupt the insurance industry by delivering innovative technology-driven experiences. Our talented yet humble engineering team is dogma-free and experiment-driven. We are relentless in our drive to reliably deliver outstanding products at scale. We are growing fast, but we can go further faster with experienced, collaborative, challenge-seeking engineers like yourself.
As a Content Software Engineer, your mission will be to build shared components and maintain the content infrastructure that empowers our content editors to create and distribute best-in-class financial protection content quickly and easily. We’ll be depending on your front-end and CMS expertise to advise and evolve the design and architecture of our content management system. You’ll play a critical role in planning for content reuse, creating interesting personalized content experiences, and surfacing relevant content across channels and at different touch points in the customer journey.
- Design, develop and maintain Policygenius’ content components and infrastructure
- Design and develop interactive consumer content experiences
- Define and inform content structure, schema, and semantics
- Implement advanced editorial workflows for a best-in-class editorial experience
- Assist with planning, content migration and system integrations
- Participate in code reviews, agile design, planning and retrospective sessions
- Collaborate cross-functionally with other engineers, designers, and editors to create innovative ways to improve content delivery and experience
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Experience with headless content management systems and complex content ecosystems
- Familiarity with content modeling, inventory, and auditing
- Familiarity with cross-browser compliance and site speed optimization
- Worked in/with a range of content, from technical to marketing content
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Training, mentorship, and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship
- Some fun surprises when you join… (Shhh… It’s a secret!)
Technologies You Will Use
Policygenius currently spends much of its time using these tools, but we’re committed to working on the right tech for the job, and always open to fresh ideas, new technologies, and better ways of getting things done.