Want to help people get the financial protection they need — and feel confident in their choices? Policygenius is a NYC-based tech startup that makes it easy to compare and buy insurance online. Since 2014, we’ve raised over $52 million of venture capital, established ourselves as a pioneer in Fintech and helped more than 4.5 million people get vital coverage for their families.
We're rapidly growing and looking for people with grit, great attitudes and creative problem-solving skills to join our powerhouse team. Come see why we were voted one of INC's best workplaces of 2018!
About the role...
On the Policygenius Business Operations team, we’re focused on building a world class operations organization and working collaboratively to increase efficiency and effectiveness across the company. As a Senior Manager, you will balance both problem-solving and process, the strategic and the tactical, and bring a deep understanding of the interplay between operations, marketing, product and business intelligence to develop strategies, execute initiatives, delight customers and deliver business impact.
This role reports to the Head of Business Operations.
- Analyze real time and historical performance metrics to maximize efficiency and mitigate issues;regularly report out on operational KPIs and SLAs
- Combine qualitative and quantitative insights to launch initiatives that will improve processes for Operations teams
- Partner with Product, Marketing and Business Intelligence teams to implement changes to market segmentation, workflows, and incentive systems
- Evaluate contact center data to identify trends that signal opportunities, challenges, and risks and recommend actionable processes and tactics
- Create workforce management plans including forecasting, scheduling, tracking, monitoring and reporting daily and monthly statistics; track progress of teams and individuals against targets
- Develop relationships with senior stakeholders on other teams, addressing concerns and removing roadblocks to drive projects forward
- Manage special projects as needed
- 7+ years of experience leading strategic initiatives in fast paced, dynamic environments
- Prior experience in an operational, project management, or management consulting roles
- Strong business insight and strategy paired with a desire to work through problems and guide meaningful business decisions, sometimes with incomplete information
- The ability to remain organized in a dynamic environment, bringing order to chaos and driving execution
- Extraordinary interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively navigate and influence change across all levels of the organization
- A history of fostering strong cross-functional relationships between product, marketing and business stakeholders alike; you can drive feature definition across teams with clarity and conviction
- A go-getter attitude; you’re willing to be proactive and take on new projects and responsibilities
- Appreciation for a well-placed gif!!
Working at Policygenius…
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship
- Some fun surprises when you join… (Shhh… It’s a secret!)