At MobileIron, we live on the edge of what is and what can be. As a market leader for the past 8 years, our products create new ways for people to get work done by embracing mobile devices and cloud applications. We’re opening new routes to market, capturing budget normally given to traditional IT spend. A key part of our success is our thriving technology ecosystem of 350+ IT security, management and application partners. Working with industry leaders across Enterprise Security, IT Management and Business Applications, we enable each of our customers to get the perfect security and application solution mix for their business.
We’re looking for an experienced principal solutions architect to join the Technology Alliance and Developer Relations team. This key member of the team will work closely with security and other technology companies to create a new generation of security solutions based on MobileIron.
Do you love building things? As a child, did you literally go “outside the box” and mash up your Legos with K’Nex and Erector sets to create amazing things? Then we should talk.
In this role, you'll work with developer’s partners, customers, the CTO and the broader business development team. You will identify and architect key customer and industry focused solutions. This will require you to understand MobileIron products and think strategically about their application in industry solutions. You will advise MobileIron’s key technology partners and work closely with them as they deliver and go to market with MobileIron-based solutions. As part of the team, you'll also represent our innovative, and differentiated approach for ensuring cloud and endpoint security.
We need someone with a solid technical background and strong technology partnering skills and experience. You’re an ideal candidate if you want to contribute in a team that loves working with developers and building products for and with them. MobileIron’s technology partner ecosystem is a who’s who of device, networking and security leaders looking to change how people work. Ultimately your work will generate new business as we break into new spaces and markets with our technology partners.
What you’ll be doing
- Collaborate with technology partners and MobileIron Product Managers in a trusted adviser role to identify, prioritize and develop integrated technology solutions
- Understand our partners’ businesses and use that to help define what success means for partner and MobileIron features and functionality
- Inspire and equip partners to develop novel and differentiated solutions based on MobileIron platform, provide architectural support by reviewing solution designs and identifying ways to use MobileIron products effectively.
- Develop prototypes and proofs of concept to guide solution development and showcase the integration and solution
- Develop use cases which inform the roadmap and product development of MobileIron’s developer platform
- Develop and expand API and developer guidelines and tool sets to ensure broader and rapid integration and deployment to new endpoints, and services
- Build and manage new strategic partnerships to drive and inspire use of platform integration
- Develop sales assets and evangelize developer technology solutions based on MobileIron amongst partner and MobileIron sellers as well as with Channel and customers.
Who you are
- You are a trend watcher, who can identify and advocate new ways to leverage technology investments to deliver business value
- You are a good written, graphical, and verbal communicator with the ability to mix technical experience with simple, everyday language to deliver a memorable and useful story
- You have a clear grasp of the mobile industry, as well as Security and Enterprise SaaS based products & services.
- You have strong technical competency in the area of mobility (including web technology stacks), security, and enterprise infrastructure (e.g. directories, PKI, and authentication protocols)
- You are an outstanding voice for developer partner and platform amongst your peers, and you are passionate about engaging with developer communities - sharing what you know in person, in blogs, in presentations.
What you’ve done
- BS in technology or engineering field (Computer Science strongly preferred)
- 7+ years of deployment experience in a Solution Architect or System Engineer or Technical Support role or 8+ years of experience in a technical leadership role
- 5+ years’ experience with RESTful API design, implementation, and utilization
- Familiar with messaging protocols/ infrastructure such as AMQP, MQTT, XMPP, Apache ActiveMQ, and Apache Kafka.
- Familiar with existing tech alliance implementations like Cisco pxGrid and McAfee DXL/ OpenDXL are a plus.
- Experience with cloud infrastructure and technology (hosting, containers, etc.)
- Knowledge of mobile OS system-level architecture and call
- Presented technology solutions to mid-size audiences at various conferences and training events, created presentations, webinars, case studies, white papers
- Have advocated on behalf of, or contributed to technology to communities that you identify with
Location: Mountain View /Travel: 10%
We are an EEO/AA Employer. Protected veterans and individuals with disability encouraged to apply.