Evaluates business opportunities to define and optimize the product portfolio through analysis and understanding of targeted markets, market trends, new technology, customer business issues and the competitive environment. Applies broad knowledge of company product capabilities and service offerings with in-depth analysis of market position to create and expand the portfolio of products and solution alternatives. Works closely with product development to create products and validates early product definitions with customers. Uses technical expertise and extensive industry experience to formulate product strategies and identify new product opportunities. Responsible for developing project plans designed to address customer needs and/or expand market share.
Minimum Requirements Education
Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Experience, or Characteristics
- Strong understanding of software technology and the ability to communicate well with the technical team.
- Knowledge of the software development process and product life cycle management required.
- 3 years of product management experience.
- Must possess strong presentation, writing and organizational skills.
- Requires 5 years of experience in software development in a high technology business/area.
- Demonstrated experience in managing people and multiple projects.
- Highly results oriented and have demonstrated experience in leading a department that implements projects for external customers.
- Experience in establishing standards and implementing project management methodologies.
Helpful / Preferred
Experience with PMI standards.
Physical and Mental Requirements
Job is physically comfortable; individual has discretion about walking, standing, etc. Job requires a very high level of judgment, exceptional analytical ability and creativity in investigating major problems that require original and highly innovative solutions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Other Some travel may be involved for both training and customer facing issues.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/V/H