Summary of Position:
VisitPay is a mid-stage growth startup helping patients manage patient bills for good, through a customized and elegant software solution that transforms health systems data and antiquated systems with a market-leading digital experience. VisitPay sits at the intersection of Healthcare, Consumer Finance, and Analytics, providing an opportunity for significant career growth in three leading verticals. As a leader of the VisitPay DBA team, you will lead the enhancement of our current SQL Server infrastructure as we quickly grow beyond 10TB of managed data and > 1TB of daily processing in a secure, PCI and SOC 2 audited environment. Additionally, you will foster new technologies such as NoSQL in collaboration with our engineering and implementation teams.
- Lead our DBA team building and managing 24x7 SaaS infrastructure at 99.99% availability in Azure
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholders to deploy and operate VisitPay databases
- Build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring, and operations
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues
- Automate, Automate, Automate
- Produce consistent and accurate work
- Ensure full compliance with PCI, SOC 2 and HIPAA controls and audits
- Enhance our systems for reliability, redundancy and recoverability
- Proactively monitor database systems for performance, security and reliability
- Innovate in an agile environment to build and support new data technologies
Competencies for success:
- Experience in a SaaS or similar environment with a large, highly available and secure database infrastructure
- Can assess database infrastructure and build a strategic roadmap for success
- Has automated just about all that can be automated
- Thrives on challenges and steep learning curves
- Self-Driven and comfortable in a changing environment
- Is self-driven and loves solving problems
- A desire to be part of a high-growth, high-innovation company
- Prefers a collaborative environment and is comfortable working with others
- Seeks out feedback and is comfortable giving honest feedback
- Expert knowledge of various SQL Server high availability configurations and setup
- 3+ years’ experience as a DBA in a similar environment
- 3+ years’ experience as a SQL Server DBA
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience
- Expert in SQL maintenance, performance, monitoring, etc. using T-SQL, Powershell, and 3rdparty tools
- A strong preference for candidates with experience in early or mid-stage startup companies
This position can be based in Boise, ID, or fully remote within the US ONLY. Due to strict data confidentiality requirements all candidates must be physically located within the US.
VisitPay is a well-funded start-up in a $400B growing market. We are a nationally focused company working closing with some of the nation’s largest and most well-respected health systems to provide innovative and compelling SaaS-based products. We are poised to capture significant share in the massive and growing self-pay market. Our solutions help healthcare systems optimize their revenue while providing patients with much improved and friendly billing experience.
Located in beautiful Boise, Idaho, you will have the opportunity to work with an exceptional leadership team who has significant experience building companies in consumer finance, software and analytics, and enjoy a competitive salary, benefits and equity appreciation rights, as well as a work/life balance suited to enjoy the beautiful landscape Idaho provides.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
VisitPay is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.