LendingClub (NYSE: LC) was founded in 2007 under the belief that a technology and data-driven marketplace can improve the way people access and invest in credit, creating value for both sides. Since then, we've helped millions of Americans take control of their debt, pursue their dreams, and invest in their future – all in a fair, transparent, and affordable way. Today we’re the world’s largest online credit marketplace, facilitating billions of dollars in loans annually, and we’re leading the governance of a new industry by developing ethical, responsible ways to bring greater value and better opportunities to our members. Everyone deserves a better financial future and our team is committed to making that a reality.
About the Role
Here at LendingClub, we take pride in helping our customers through our ethos of service: Lending Care. As leaders in the market, we seek individuals who are beginning their career, inspired by our vision, and embody our values.
By joining the Customer Development team, you’ll have the opportunity to empower those who strive to achieve financial success. In this role, you’ll provide best-in-class experiences through three simple principles: “Build a Relationship, Make It Easy, and Think Ahead”
What You'll Do
- Think ahead and provide solutions that anticipate future needs
- Simplify complex processes and make it easy for customers to grasp
- Are passionate about building relationships and improving customer experiences
- Adapt to new situations by thinking on your feet
- Strive to implement feedback and dedicate time to your professional development
- Genuinely curious about people and business, while inspiring passion in others
- Are passionate about delivering results, a self-starter, and have a team-oriented mentality
- Have a strong understanding of financial products/services with the ability to clearly convey product value
- Can be flexible with your schedule availability and can work early mornings or Saturday rotations, if asked
- Provide welcoming experiences to customers over the phone in a fast-paced contact center environment
- Listen and seek to understand the customer’s goals/needs and tailor specific solutions using LendingClub Products
- Help us build upon our foundation of Lending Care and uphold the reputation of best-in-class service
- Continue to learn the business and take ownership of your role and responsibilities
- College degree
- Sales experience in a high-volume financial services environment
- Familiar with CRM platforms
What we value...
Doing what's right: Committed to acting with honestly, integrity and in the best interest of our customers
Know your stuff: We are a data-driven business. Each of us must be an expert on our areas, continuously rooted in a deep understanding of the data
Be confident with humility: We are exceptionally capable individuals who put our egos aside and focus on our collective goals
Make impossible happen: We look beyond what is possible today to create new and better ways to deliver value for our customers
Evolve with purpose: We embrace and create change. While we set our strategy for the long-term, we stay flexible to adapt to new opportunities
Act like an owner: We take ownership and hold ourselves accountable to our commitments and actions
Why you should join...
A great place to build your career
We want you to learn and grow with us. Onboarding programs, on-the-job training, career-development sessions, and performance check-ins keep you on a path toward the next level. Last year, 57% of our new Operations managers were promotions from within the company.
We celebrate individuality
Individual perspectives and experiences make us and our business better—there is no “typical” LendingClub employee. We encourage everyone to voice their opinions, while retaining the humility to listen and accept other viewpoints. Employee resource groups—like our women’s, veterans, Latinx, and LGBTQ groups—offer more ways to feel connected and supported within our LendingClub community.
You are worth it
We want every employee to feel valued. One way we do that is through our generous compensation and benefits package, which includes
- Generous paid time off for hourly team members
- 401(k) match up to 4% or $5,000 per year
- Wellness program with cash incentives and more!
Perks with purpose
We also offer a wide range of onsite perks to help you get the most out of your day.
- Onsite gym, locker room, showers and a bike room
- Public Café in the building
- Light-filled, colorful workspaces that encourage collaboration and innovation
- Restaurant pads, covered parking
- Basketball courts and open field for sports activates
- BBQ area
- Healthy snacks and drinks
Position ineligible for visa sponsorship.
LendingClub is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe that a variety of perspectives will make our teams and business stronger as we work together to transform the traditional banking system.