LendingClub (NYSE: LC) was founded in 2007 under the belief that a technology and data-driven marketplace can improve the way people access and invest in credit, creating value for both sides. Since then, we've helped millions of Americans take control of their debt, pursue their dreams, and invest in their future – all in a fair, transparent, and affordable way. Today we’re the world’s largest online credit marketplace, facilitating billions of dollars in loans annually, and we’re leading the governance of a new industry by developing ethical, responsible ways to bring greater value and better opportunities to our members. Everyone deserves a better financial future and our team is committed to making that a reality.
About the Role
LendingClub’s Compliance Department is seeking a Sr Manager, Compliance Testing. In this role, you will contribute to a strong risk management culture by leading the independent second line Testing function. You will be responsible to continue to expand and drive a key component of the Compliance Management Program, which enables the Chief Compliance Officer to control the effectiveness of the policies in place and identify weaknesses or violations that need to be remediated. While primarily focused on developing and carrying out the testing plan, you play a key role in providing assurance to bank partners (issuing banks and loan investors) that the compliance controls are operating as designed. You will lead the way in finding ways to automate further controls and testing/monitoring routines.
What You'll Do
- Lead a team that plans and executes Compliance Testing reviews, as part of a yearly Testing plan or ad-hoc targeted reviews.
- Implement the testing and monitoring program to determine the adequacy and effectiveness of compliance controls and develop periodic reporting on the test results.
- Accountable for developing the test plans, identifying the risks and obligations to be tested, evaluating the control design, assessing their effectiveness and working with the business partners to define remediation plans and timelines when exceptions or violations are identified; manage the entire process from scope definition, sampling, testing approach, work papers, review of the final report, presentation of findings to management, the business and third parties as appropriate.
- Develop the annual Test Plan and manage the resources to deliver on the plan, including any amendments that may be proposed during the year.
- Oversee and follow-up on the commitments to remediate issues; review action plans and remediation documentation to support issues closure.
- Assist Compliance leadership in fulfilling information requests from third-party partners and regulators.
- Work to simplify the legal, regulatory, and risk management requirements that business teams are required to satisfy and develop strategies to support the efficient and automated implementation of those requirements.
- Work with Technology, Data Services and other Compliance leaders to develop automated controls, and to embed testing and monitoring routines and rules in the business processes.
- Help the business to understand the requirements for which they need to build or enhance their controls; influence business leaders to strengthen internal controls.
- Support risk assessment activities.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with business and legal partners.
- Become knowledgeable about business procedures, systems and internal controls.
- Source and hire talented team members, provide ongoing performance feedback, mentoring, and develop them with stretch assignments and by expanding their expertise and autonomy.
- 5+ years of financial services experience preferably in compliance, risk management, and/or audit roles
- You have significant risk management experience, including a broad compliance expertise, focused on consumer lending regulations but ideally also BSA AML Sanctions, privacy as well as securities related regulations.
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of consumer protection laws and regulations such as TILA/Regulation Z, ECOA/Regulation B, FCRA, FACTA, FDCPA, SCRA, BSA/AML, EFTA, UDAAP, and GLBA – securities laws would be a plus.
- Solid analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills, with high attention to detail and accuracy
- You have outstanding communication skills, you are able to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner and the ability to influence partners.
- You have an ability to anticipate and meet the needs of a dynamic and innovative business,
- Bachelor’s Degree
- You demonstrate a keen interest in learning about the specificities of Market-place lending.
- Willingness and ability to learn new laws, rules, and regulations and interpret and apply them to Lending Club’s business model
- Professional certifications(s) such as Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM), Certified Risk Professional (CRP), Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS), Certified Information Privacy Professional, or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA).
LendingClub is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe that a variety of perspectives will make our teams and business stronger as we work together to transform the traditional banking system.