LendingClub (NYSE: LC) was founded in 2007 under the belief that a technology and data-driven marketplace can improve the way people access and invest in credit, creating value for both sides. Since then, we've helped millions of Americans take control of their debt, pursue their dreams, and invest in their future – all in a fair, transparent, and affordable way. Today we’re the world’s largest online credit marketplace, facilitating billions of dollars in loans annually, and we’re leading the governance of a new industry by developing ethical, responsible ways to bring greater value and better opportunities to our members. Everyone deserves a better financial future and our team is committed to making that a reality.
About the Role
As part of LendingClub’s Big Data Platform team, you will directly support the Company's critical data architecture, and core development of batch and real time ingestion and analytics platform.
What You'll Do
· You will design, develop, maintain LendingClub’s BigData Ingestion and Analytic Platform
· Designing, maintaining, monitoring and automating cloud-based services in AWS in BigData space
· You will be implementing and improving Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery environments
· You have the expertise in troubleshooting and diagnosing problems in data pipeline.
· You are building security, monitoring, alerting and reporting for the infrastructure
· Performance tuning & testing
· Participate in a 24/7 on-call rotation
· You love staying current with the industry's latest news, advancements and open source initiatives.
BS/MS in Computer Science or similar
· 5-8 years’ experience in Java Development.
· At least 3-5 years’ experience in Big Data Space – Hadoop (HDFS, YARN), Hive, Spark, Presto
· At least 2 years’ experience with cloud data platform solutions like AWS EMR, AWS S3, Qubole, Databricks etc.
· Exposure to different file formats like AVRO, Parquet, ORC etc
· Experience in building and maintaining Realtime Data Ingestion system with Kafka/Kinesis, Spark Streaming
· Experience in scripting in languages like Python and shell scripting
· Experience in any Scheduler – Oozie/Airflow
· Experience in Scala desired
· Experience delivering solutions on AWS or other large scale cloud platforms desired
· You have exposure to Cassandra or any NoSQL database
· You have experience in building AI and ML platform like TensorFlow, Keras, Scikit-learn, H2O, Spark ML Lib, R etc
LendingClub is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe that a variety of perspectives will make our teams and business stronger as we work together to transform the traditional banking system.