LendingClub (NYSE: LC) was founded in 2007 under the belief that a technology and data-driven marketplace can improve the way people access and invest in credit, creating value for both sides. Since then, we've helped millions of Americans take control of their debt, pursue their dreams, and invest in their future – all in a fair, transparent, and affordable way. Today we’re the world’s largest online credit marketplace, facilitating billions of dollars in loans annually, and we’re leading the governance of a new industry by developing ethical, responsible ways to bring greater value and better opportunities to our members. Everyone deserves a better financial future and our team is committed to making that a reality.
About the Role
Here at LendingClub, we take pride in helping our customers through our ethos of service: Lending Care. As leaders in the market, we seek individuals who are excited about their career, inspired by our vision and embody our values. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to empower our frontline by helping them provide best in class service through three simple principles:
“Build a Relationship, Make it Easy, and Think Ahead”
Our mission in Credit is to make quick, accurate decisions on whether or not borrowers meet the credit requirements for a loan with Lending Club, and we are committed to providing exceptional customer service. We have a highly metrics-driven management approach, a strong data and testing mentality, and an eye toward using new technology to improve our processes.
What You'll Do
- Supervise a team of 10-15 Credit Specialists responsible for reviewing personal loan applications.
- Monitor and improve the interaction with borrowers via phone and electronically to verify identity, income, and employment, and answer any questions regarding their loans.
- Ensure compliance with Lending Club credit policies and procedures.
- Ensure the highest level of customer service and quality.
- Handle escalated customer communication when needed.
- Lead projects to improve customer satisfaction, operational efficiency, and work quality.
- Maintain a fast paced, innovative, collaborative, and customer focused work environment.
- 2+ years of experience supervising a team in a fast-paced, volume-focused operation
- Previous customer service experience
- Ability to drive constant process improvement and apply innovation in a fast paced, evolving environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong attention to detail
- Experience in consumer lending preferred, but not required
- A four-year college degree is desired
LendingClub is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe that a variety of perspectives will make our teams and business stronger as we work together to transform the traditional banking system.