LendingClub (NYSE: LC) was founded in 2007 under the belief that a technology and data-driven marketplace can improve the way people access and invest in credit, creating value for both sides. Since then, we've helped millions of Americans take control of their debt, pursue their dreams, and invest in their future – all in a fair, transparent, and affordable way. Today we’re the world’s largest online credit marketplace, facilitating billions of dollars in loans annually, and we’re leading the governance of a new industry by developing ethical, responsible ways to bring greater value and better opportunities to our members. Everyone deserves a better financial future and our team is committed to making that a reality.
About the Role
The Technical Accounting Manager is a self-motivated, adaptive, self starter who can manage and prioritize an evolving workload in a fast-paced environment with minimal direct supervision. You will be an individual contributor who is able work well across functions with a variety of skill and knowledge levels. You are able to establish links throughout the company to facilitate accounting involvement in processes and projects and work through preliminary analysis of issues with the Director of Technical Accounting. This position will work closely with the SEC Reporting and Corporate Accounting Departments and the external auditors, and will report to the Director of Technical Accounting.
What You'll Do
- Prepare and maintain Technical Accounting team’s SOX controls
- Collaborate with the Legal Department to review new or changed contracts related to securitization, loan sales, and new legal entities to identify accounting implications.
- Provide technical accounting support on new and complex transactions by identifying and addressing accounting issues through preparation of U.S. GAAP technical accounting memos.
- Implement new accounting standards and monitor emerging accounting standards during the exposure draft period, interpret impact to LendingClub.
- Maintain the Accounting Policy Manual and provide additions and enhancements to the Accounting Policy Manual.
- Assist the SEC Reporting Department with new disclosures or other complex financial reporting considerations
- Assists with external audit activities including technical accounting work performed over new, complex transactions, new accounting standards, or changes in existing policies.
- 5+ years of experience in accounting, including Big 4 accounting firm experience
- Certified Public Accountant
- Good understanding of U.S. GAAP
- Financial services industry experience preferred
- Experience with complex accounting research and technical accounting memo writing
- Bachelor or Master degree in accounting
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
LendingClub is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe that a variety of perspectives will make our teams and business stronger as we work together to transform the traditional banking system.