Casper is seeking a Construction Project Manager who will report to the Director of Store Development. They will be responsible for carrying out the construction of Casper retail stores and must be able to manage a large number of projects simultaneously, while interfacing with internal partners.
Casper (casper.com) is a global sleep company that launched in 2014 with an obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress sold directly to consumers. Its critically acclaimed sleep surface was developed in-house, has a sleek design, and is delivered in a small, "how did they do that?"-sized box. The company is one of the fastest-growing consumer brands of all time, and its product line has expanded to include sheets, pillows, a matching foundation, and a dog mattress. Casper was named one of Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies in 2017, and its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do
- Manage retail construction for the Casper brick and mortar expansion
- Manage outsourced Construction Project Managers as needed
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, organization, and ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Assist with due diligence real estate assessments – site viability, site specific cost and schedule implications, review lease exhibits and work letters
- Partner with real estate, store design, experience, retail, operations, and IT teams to develop layouts to meet business goals
- Review architectural, engineering, and vendor submittals – construction document review, shop drawings review, review and approval of vendor proposals
- Follow permit expediting process to ensure permits are received in a timely manner
- Manage construction schedule including delivery of owner supplied items, manage progress to meet milestones
- Site visits to ensure quality of work and confirm progress toward completion
- Manage construction budgeting, bidding, and negotiating with vendors and general contractors, review change orders, request purchase orders and review invoices for payment
- Assist with construction project management of other special projects as needed
- Knowledge of millwork standards, details and construction
- Experience in working with lighting, MEP, and other project related consultants
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills, both written and oral
- Up to 50% travel
Our dream candidate is...
- A degree in architecture or construction management
- Minimum 5 years of experience with an internal brand team designing and building stores
The syrup on your waffles
- Salary to pay your bills, a potential bonus for some splurging, and equity so that you’re part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...).
- 401K program so you can still spend money later in life.
- Extra cash incentives for being healthy and fit (we actually give you money to track your sleep!).
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- Bi-weekly catered lunches to catch up with your teammates.
- Free snacks and coffee, including a huge breakfast selection (10 types of cereal anyone?)
- Nap pods, for those days when you stayed out a little too late...
- A full gifted bed set when you join (mattress, sheets, pillows, the works)!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you, but if you’re feeling sleepy, take a nap before applying!