Casper is seeking a Test Engineering Technician to join our growing team. You will use your technical expertise as a Engineering Technician to execute testing for a portfolio of products, ranging from mattresses and furniture to soft goods and consumer electronics. This position manages the day-to-day activities of multiple projects, including, planning, scheduling, testing and reporting. The Test Engineering Technician will perform mechanical and thermal testing; will analyze data and trends; and will provide regulatory support as needed. This position will also support the development of new methodologies or test equipment and support implementation into the lab.
Casper (casper.com) is a global sleep company that launched in 2014 with an obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress sold directly to consumers. Its critically acclaimed sleep surface was developed in-house, has a sleek design, and is delivered in a small, "how did they do that?"-sized box. The company is one of the fastest-growing consumer brands of all time, and its product line has expanded to include sheets, pillows, duvets, furniture, and a dog mattress. Casper was named one of Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies in 2017, and its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent equally all those who dream big.
When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do
- Work directly with a team of industrial designers, engineers, and product leads to manage testing protocols, testing equipment, and reporting for new materials and products under development
- Set up and conduct tests according to written and oral requests and procedures, at a high level of quality and repeatability
- Collaborate with Human Factors Engineer execute tests that predict ergonomics and comfort performance
- Operate, maintain, and calibrate test equipment, support test equipment repair and improvement projects
- Organize, label, and store test samples and components
- Work with external test labs to support new product development
- Support Quality and Manufacturing teams in ongoing testing of manufactured goods as needed
Our dream candidate...
- Is passionate about ensuring products are of the highest quality, with 4+ years of testing experience, ideally with a focus on consumer products, furniture, and/or soft goods
- Demonstrates ability to shape product design decisions via testing and experimentation
- Does not shy away from getting his/her hands dirty to do whatever is necessary to achieve success
- Possesses a strong foundation in testing fundamentals, including mechanical and electrical components
- Demonstrates experience analyzing data, as well as developing analytical tools to command functions, monitor responses, parse data from log files, or aid in data review
- Software experience: Excel, LabVIEW, Python, JIRA, TestRail
- Has hands-on experience with data acquisition, control systems, and electronics
- Able to operate basic hand and power tools and shop equipment for working with test equipment. Fabrication and/or machine shop skills preferred.
- Earned an Associate Degree, completed relevant technical training, or demonstrable equivalent experience
The syrup on your waffles
- Salary to pay your bills, a potential bonus for some splurging, and equity so that you’re part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...).
- 401K program so you have some savings for later in life.
- Extra cash incentives for being healthy and fit (we actually give you money to track your sleep!).
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- Bi-weekly catered lunches to catch up with your teammates.
- Free snacks and coffee, including a huge breakfast selection (10 types of cereal anyone?)
- Nap pods, for those days when you stayed out a little too late...
- A full gifted bed set when you join (mattress, sheets, pillows, the works)!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you, but if you’re feeling sleepy, take a nap before applying!