About Health Catalyst
Health Catalyst has been named as one of the 30 Best Workplaces in Technology by Fortune Magazine and a winner of Gallup Great Workplace award. Health Catalyst earned the highest overall score in Healthcare BI by KLAS and, for the sixth year in a row, was named to the Best Places to Work in Healthcare list by Modern Healthcare. Health Catalyst analyzes healthcare records of almost a third of the US population (65 million patients) and recently released the first open source software for healthcare machine learning: healthcare.ai.
Health Catalyst’s platform and applications are being used at leading health systems including, John Muir Health, UPMC, MultiCare Health System, Partners HealthCare, Banner Health, Stanford Hospital & Clinics, Texas Children’s Hospital, and over 40 others. Health Catalyst products and services are utilized in over 400 hospitals and 4000 clinics, supporting over 90 million patients.
Our team lives the cultural attributes of Smart, Hardworking and Humble. Learn more about working at Health Catalyst here: https://www.healthcatalyst.com/company/careers/key-health-catalyst-values.
The Touchstone product line is disrupting the healthcare benchmarking, opportunity analysis, and comparative analytics market. We are building the world’s largest repository for healthcare data, including data from across Health Catalyst’s 50+ health system customers and 3rd parties, encompassing data for more than 100 million patients and growing every day. Our mission is to provide healthcare analysts, managers, and leaders with the analytical insights they need to make effective decisions in their organization.
Touchstone’s machine learning models power an intelligence engine that automatically surfaces the most important insights to users. The web application enables users to find critical insights in their data such as their performance relative to other similar health systems and facilities, highlighting opportunities to improve the efficiency and outcomes of the care they provide.
As a member of our agile team, you'll have a ground-floor opportunity to significantly influence the design and operation of every aspect of the ingestion and aggregation services of a multi-tenant platform. We constantly seek to improve our team's impact and morale as we work together to improve health and happiness for hundreds of millions of people.
- celebrate each other’s success
- work remotely with flexible hours
- blamelessly learn from systemic failures
- nurture encouraging, inclusive, generative team culture
- promote work/life balance as a first principle, avoiding burnout
- use cloud-native infrastructure and modern software development methodologies
- are aggregating healthcare data from a growing population of over 100 million patients
- share ideas freely to keep our software and processes accessible, scalable, and sustainable
- iterate frequently on our software and our processes to enhance outcomes for ourselves and our users
- experiment with emerging technologies to accommodate the expanding scope of this ambitious project
- offer some of the best benefits in the software industry: unlimited PTO, health, dental, vision, parental leave, subsidies for home office, internet, mobile services, and fitness, and education reimbursement including tuition and travel, accommodations, and admission to professional conferences
- embrace and learn from failure
- are self-motivated and detail-oriented
- communicate kindly, clearly, and precisely
- seek to simplify code, systems, and processes
- enjoy learning from and mentoring your teammates
- can adhere to data security and confidentiality protocols and procedures
- demonstrate empathy for users and colleagues, humbly leading by serving
- enjoy participating in the code’s complete lifecycle, from feature design to production support
- are a life-long learner who's enthusiastic about learning and evaluating emerging technologies
- enjoy soliciting and incorporating design and feature feedback from users in small, short iterations
- are excited about helping to vastly improve healthcare outcomes for hundreds of millions of people
- enjoy discussing technical design, creating proofs-of-concept, and helping to plan feature development
- are fluent in and enjoy writing, testing, and reviewing Python, bash, and at least one of C#, Java, or Golang
- are fluent in querying, populating, and designing relational databases (MS SQL)
- are comfortable with detailed, challenging Linux system troubleshooting
- ideally, have additional experience with distributed systems, observability, DevOps principles and agile development practices, Elasticsearch, MongoDB, Azure, RabbitMQ, Kafka, Docker, Kubernetes, and data pipelines
- have a BS/BA in computer science, information systems, or other technology/science degree or equivalent professional experience (5+ years writing tested, maintainable, expressive software)
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job function. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned by Health Catalyst.