Timeline: Late April/Early May 2019 – September 2019
Required: Must be available the week of HAS, September 9th-12th.
*Hours can be flexible to a part time schedule until July when 40 hrs. a week will be mandatory
Health Catalyst is building a world-class marketing engine focused on educating the healthcare market using a variety of engaging programs including a fall summit we call the Healthcare Analytics Summit (HAS). This event will be the primary focus of the internship. This live event draws in 1,000 health system influencers from across the US to Salt Lake each September.
Specific duties related to HAS are: tracking speaker assignments, managing logistics for various activities, ordering/tracking items to be shipped, brainstorming creative ideas for gifts and prizes, reporting the status of projects to the broader team, handling conference registrations and lodging lists, and driving registrations through email and calls to potential attendees. Because most of our decisions are based on data, we need the help of smart interns who are good with Excel and can sort, organize, and synthesize information into recommendations for program improvements.
In addition to HAS, our interns will help support general demand generation programs including webinars, industry research, marketing campaigns, regional events, managing the marketing budget, and cleaning our lead data. Days are typically broken up across a variety of responsibilities.
This position will be an integral part of the HAS team. The work to deliver exceptional results requires above average levels of organization, attention to detail, self-prioritization, calculated decision-making, and a constant desire to learn and try hard things. We have a lot of fun but take seriously our role to help transform healthcare.
Note: It is a job requirement to be available the week of HAS, September 9th-12th. We recognize that school will have begun for most interns, and we can be flexible on reduced work remotely once school starts, but we do need to count on interns to miss their obligations in order to attend HAS.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists with the planning, tracking, and execution of the Healthcare Analytics Summit
- Meets on daily and weekly basis to report on work and prioritize new requests
- Supports the execution of a variety of marketing campaigns in close coordination with marketing program managers
- Researches and synthesizes past program data to build and execute weekly/monthly marketing/sales programs
Education & Relevant Experience
- In pursuit of a bachelor's degree
- Alignment with Health Catalyst Cultural Attributes: Smart, Hardworking, and Humble
- Strong organizational skillset with close attention to detail
- Team player mentality with an ability to self-manage various responsibilities
- Creative mindset to tackle tasks in innovative, fun, and efficient ways
- Deadline driven delivery of results
- Exceptional listening and oral communication to effectively articulate research
- Patience and persistence to work through occasional tedious tasks for the good of all marketing programs
Highly Desired Skills
- Previous event marketing experience or pursuing an event related and/or marketing degree is a bonus
- Experience in tools like Word, Excel, Smartsheet, Salesforce, Marketo, and Pardot
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job function. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned by Health Catalyst.