MobileIron is the secure foundation of modern work. Think of the way you work today and how important the safety of your data has become. With today’s distributed workforce, for us to stay productive, it’s imperative that we can access our devices and data safely, anytime, anywhere. MobileIron provides that peace of mind to organizations and their employees – an always-on secure and convenient access, no matter what device you use or where you are. Chosen by over 17,000 global enterprises, MobileIron is the leading standalone Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) and Unified Endpoint Management provider (UEM).
Following a 7-year leadership position in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for EMM, in 2018, MobileIron was also recognized as a leader in Gartner’s inaugural Magic Quadrant for UEM.
Are you excited about winning in cloud, security, and mobility? We are looking for passionate people to help us build the next chapter of MobileIron. Join us as we rapidly innovate to meet the needs of our growing customer base.
We are looking for a Senior Director, Sales Finance to join our Finance team in Mountain View, CA. This leadership role is business partner focused to support the Sales and Marketing Team. The ideal candidate will have experience working in a fast-paced environment, building and scaling in a high growth company, while also having an understanding of the sales-customer life cycle. The ideal candidate must have a “can-do” attitude, flexible and adaptable, able to dive deep into the details, partner and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization. A proactive, self-starter that takes responsibility to develop, own, and drive key processes on behalf of supporting the business.
- Partner with the Sales and Marketing Leadership Team on coverage optimization, deal management, billings optimization, commissions; work with FP&A to guide the forecast
- Develop key performance metrics and dashboards to help the Sales organization.
- Establish a regular cadence of communication and review with the SVP of Sales, CMO of Marketing and their leadership team; reviewing and highlighting areas of focus around pipeline, Headcount and renewals
- Proactively drive the development and communication of annual expense budgets and monthly forecasting processes. Act as the program manager to understand requests/initiatives and expected outcomes to improve expense leverage
- Partner with the business to lead the development and reporting of key performance metrics to drive investments and resources to high ROI pre-sales activities
- Lead the annual quota setting process; including influencing MBO’s, comp plan design, and ensuring alignment to direct sales/channel
- Collaborate and share operational best practices across geos/regions; document and create enablement content and assist with delivery
- Actively engage with the business and IT in system requirements and enhancements to improve operational execution with an eye toward scale and efficiency
- Participate in cross functional initiatives and collaborate with Sales, Sales Operations, Marketing, FP&A, and others to ensure alignment on metrics and reporting
- Manage and develop talent within the team
- 15+ years of experience in finance (preferably supporting sales and marketing organization), operations, or strategy
- Prior software/Xaas experience strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration; MBA preferred
- Experience recruiting, developing, and managing talent; scaling organizations
- A thorough understanding of the sales process and ability to navigate long, complex sales cycles
- Strong business acumen with excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Adept at business partnering and working with cross functional teams, building meaningful business relationships along the way
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure; dependable with deliverables and deadlines, able to multi-task
- Action-oriented, creative problem solver capable of working independently or as part of a team
- Effectively exercises influence at all levels of the organization
* We are an EEO/AA Employer. Protected veterans and individuals with disability encouraged to apply.