MobileIron is the secure foundation of modern work. Think of the way you work today and how important the safety of your data has become. With today’s distributed workforce, for us to stay productive, it’s imperative that we can access our devices and data safely, anytime, anywhere. MobileIron provides that peace of mind to organizations and their employees – an always-on secure and convenient access, no matter what device you use or where you are. Chosen by over 17,000 global enterprises, MobileIron is the leading standalone Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) and Unified Endpoint Management provider (UEM).
Following a 7-year leadership position in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for EMM, in 2018, MobileIron was also recognized as a leader in Gartner’s inaugural Magic Quadrant for UEM.
Are you excited about winning in cloud, security, and mobility? We are looking for passionate people to help us build the next chapter of MobileIron. Join us as we rapidly innovate to meet the needs of our growing customer base.
Looking for a very strong individual contributor to join MobileIron’s Tunnel and Sentry/Access team. MobileIron’s Tunnel technology is the keystone to the success of Sentry and Access (intelligent gateways that provides secure tunneling and access control to protect data-in-motion for the mobile enterprise for both on-premise resources and third party cloud services). Candidate needs to be capable of leading and owning a significant portion of testing both application and system level functionality, able to coordinate/delegate tasks to remote peers, and work in an Agile QA environment.
- Perform QE/Software tests on MobileIron’s Tunnel and Sentry/Access Product Lines
- Responsible for communication, collaboration, and delegation of tasks with remote off-shore team for scrum ceremonies, current project status, and making sure to resolve any blocking issues for their current assignments.
- Works with development teams through the design and early test stages to ensure strict adherence to business requirements and to improve upon new and existing features where applicable.
- Responsible for creating feature test strategies, risk analysis, and robust test plans
- Responsible for feature and integration testing (including automation) of Tunnel with Sentry/Access products including execution, filing/tracking of software defects, and reporting of results.
- Use creative approaches to debug/isolate bugs and system weaknesses
- Build and maintain an automated CI build and test pipeline with a goal of continuous delivery for Tunnel application.
- Monitor product and/or feature-level quality health metrics (testability, test health, test coverage, etc)
- Interact with cross-functional groups including peer QA engineering teams, product managers, and customer support.
- Interface with customers to understand customer use cases / configs and troubleshoot production issues.
- Brainstorm and implement optimizations for current testing methodologies with new innovative ideas.
- 1. 5-7 years of experience in testing highly scalable enterprise client-server software.
- Strong knowledge of L4+ networking (TCP, UDP, HTTP/HTTPS, DNS and related web technologies)
- Network Security concepts including Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), SSL, SSH, communication using Certificate Authentication.
- Experience with using a network troubleshooting tool (Wireshark, TcpDump, packet capture analysis)
- Strong Unix/Linux knowledge
- 2. At least 5-7 years of programming experience in OOP language (Java or C++) or expertise in scripting language such as Python.
- Knowledge of revision control software (ex. Git, SVN, Perforce, etc.) and development lifecycle.
- Bachelors degree (CS, CE, or EE preferred)
Nice to have:
- Prior mobile device testing (iOS, Android, Windows 10) or application testing experience
- VPN (L4 application layer) with Firewall and Tunneling Concepts is a plus
- Working knowledge of SaaS technology and SSO solutions.
- Hands on with Cloud service providers like AWS, Microsoft AZURE, Google Cloud, Openstack
- Hands on with Service providers like O365, Salesforce would be an advantage
- Hands on with any of the Identity providers like ADFS, Ping Identity would be an advantage
- Ability to communicate effectively – Verbal & Written
- Must have a passion for quality and a bias towards speed.
- Strong analytical skills with excellent problem solving.
- Be a good evangelist for the benefits of test automation.
- Must be a motivated self-starter with a quick learning curve.
- Must be able to learn and adapt to new technologies quickly.
- Team Player: Must be capable of working in team setting. Collaborate with other QA/Dev team members.
* We are an EEO/AA Employer. Protected veterans and individuals with disability encouraged to apply.