Who are we?
BlueJeans is the world’s leading provider of interoperable video communication, bringing video to you, wherever you are. BlueJeans is the modern era replacement to traditional web conferencing technologies and delivers face-to-face video communication for any organization who wants to bring their employees, leaders, and partners closer together.
Our culture combines the spirit of a startup with the perks of building enterprise software for thousands of global companies for everyday meetings, events, and social networks. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, cab transfers, facility to work from home with a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to transform the live video collaboration industry, and above all have fun doing it.
This role is based out of our BlueJeans Dev center in the heart of Bangalore, India. We have other offices in Mountain View, United Kingdom and around the world.
Sounds like a fit for you?
We want you to submit a portfolio to be considered for this position. It helps us in understanding your skill and effectiveness as a writer in a product design team and your empathy towards the user and sensitivity to brand voice.
BlueJeans design organization is dedicated to crafting products and experiences that are the most intelligent, beautiful and engaging for our customers. Every pixel we push, we are transforming the way people meet and interact by creating a human connection across devices and product experiences.
We are looking for a creative product writer to join our team and help us shape product experiences by creating expressive, friendly and clear content that aids our users. You help set the vision for content and drive cohesive product narratives across multiple platforms and experiences. You regularly use logic and analytics to inform content choices by conducting a/b experiments.
As a Product Writer, you will:
* Work with design leadership and set an adaptable long-term strategy to help product writing department scale globally.
* You’ll be a sole owner of the microcopy, interaction flows, error messages, notifications, and in-product messaging and other components of the end-to-end user experience across BlueJeans ecosystem.
* Develop a content design system and define content standards, best practices, guidelines, principles, and taxonomies for various audiences and products.
* Demonstrate the impact of your work proactively and often use data to guide your work and advocate for it.
* Collaborate with Design, Research, Product Management, Product Marketing, Engineering, and other cross-functional partners to develop a consistent voice, tone, and taxonomy of the products.
* You’ll be writing majorly in US English. Partner with PM teams and contribute to the localization process of our products.
* Build awareness and lead creative exercises, and help set the vision and strategy for product writing as a whole.
* 4+ years of product writing experience with a degree in English, Psychology, Design, Linguistics, HCI, or any area that emphasizes the analysis and use of language or narrative building.
* Must have the analytical ability to transform key business and user insights into simple and effective copy.
* An eagerness to use research and metrics to discover the most effective language for every context and to measure the impact of your work at furthering customer and product goals.
* Flexibility to work across India and US time zones and drive consistent communication and support on a day to day basis.
* Ability to have a consistent communication across products and teams in India.
* Decent understanding of product design, user experience, taxonomies and information architecture.
* A self-starter with exceptional writing mechanics and verbal communication skills.
* The ability to understand and write in the brand voice, and a design sensibility to envision how content will be presented or distributed in formats other than text-based articles for enterprise products.
* Creative copywriting experience is a major plus.
* Able to self-manage overlapping projects.
* Background in user experience or product design. Copywriting or content strategy experience in other verticals is also an advantage.
* Experience in building or using/ contributing to a content design system.
* Have worked on Video communication or related product/app.
What makes us Special?
At BlueJeans, together, we’re bringing video to everyone, regardless of location or device, including mobile, desktop, or room systems. We work with thousands of companies worldwide to upgrade everyday meetings, large-scale events, and social network broadcasts by replacing traditional web conferencing with face-to-face video communication.
All our customers have one trait in common: they understand the benefits to bringing their employees, leaders, and partners closer together. Since 2009, we have raised $175M in funding led by Accel Partners, Battery Ventures, NEA, and Norwest Venture Partners, and have been ranked on Forbes Cloud 100 list two years running. Learn more about us at www.bluejeans.com