About The Team
As a Software Engineer for the Reliability Engineering team, you will be building internal tools and platforms that provide effective solutions for all engineering organization to fulfill needs of quality and reliability.
You will work with teams that design and develop tools that enable visibility into the health and quality of all engineering artifacts, provide an automated testing platform with in-depth visibility, detect large scale outages or failures and mitigate, therefore to help Uber becoming a more robust and efficient system with immunity to regression and failures.
We hire Software Development Engineers at all levels.
- Design and develop SDK libraries to facilitate development of complicated workflows;
- Design and develop high-scale and efficient backend system scheduling and executing concurrent jobs with large amount of traffic throughput;
- Design and develop self-service web-app for efficient management and intuitive visibility;
- Collaborate with teams on deep integration of multiple systems at Uber;
- Design, implement and lead sustainable end-to-end solutions across teams to address critical reliability problems;
- Deliver high quality code and production ready solution
What you'll need
- Grit, drive and a deep feeling of ownership.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related technical discipline. Equivalent practical experience is a reasonable substitute.
- A good understanding of large-scale distributed systems in practice, as well as performance and scalability.
- 100% hands on - willing to get to the bottom of things and to pursue the best solution always.
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog and @UberEng to learn more about the team.