Uber is making transportation as reliable as running water for everyone, everywhere. We are dedicated to creating an extensive mapping and logistics infrastructure that can scale to our amazing growth and address the international challenges we face. We are working on services that cover areas like navigation, mobile map display, and location. You will have an immediate role in affecting traffic in major cities.
Uber's mapping effort is central to Uber's success. As part of this, we are creating our own map display stack from the ground up. We will present beautiful, useable maps to our users - both riders and drivers - in order to help them navigate the complexities of driving on Uber, communicate pickup and dropoff locations, track on-trip progress, and much more!
We are looking for an engineer who places user experience first and foremost, is excited to make an impact, and has the skills to do so. If you join, you will be working on a superb platform with a world class team that values growth and collaboration.
What you'll need
- Thorough computer science fundamentals
- Excellent programming skills, preferably in C/C++
- Experience writing high performance, multi-threaded code.
- Experience designing apps, frameworks or SDK.
- An eagerness to learn and teach.
- Mobile graphics (OpenGL ES) knowledge would be a plus.