About Health Catalyst
Health Catalyst has been named as one of the 30 Best Workplaces in Technology by Fortune Magazine and a winner of Gallup Great Workplace award. Health Catalyst earned the highest overall score in Healthcare BI by KLAS and, for the sixth year in a row, was named to the Best Places to Work in Healthcare list by Modern Healthcare. Health Catalyst analyzes healthcare records of almost a third of the US population (65 million patients) and recently released the first open source software for healthcare machine learning: healthcare.ai.
Health Catalyst’s platform and applications are being used at leading health systems including, John Muir Health, UPMC, MultiCare Health System, Partners HealthCare, Banner Health, Stanford Hospital & Clinics, Texas Children’s Hospital, and over 40 others. Health Catalyst products and services are utilized in over 400 hospitals and 4000 clinics, supporting over 90 million patients.
Our team lives the cultural attributes of Smart, Hardworking and Humble. Learn more about working at Health Catalyst here: https://www.healthcatalyst.com/company/careers/key-health-catalyst-values.
The Data Science team is building products and providing services to achieve the Quadruple Aim through better use of health and healthcare data. The Data Science team develops R, Python, and other tools that accelerate analytics and machine learning both for our clients and across Health Catalyst itself. Models encompass all aspects of health and healthcare from hospital operations to patient experience and from clinical to financial decisions.
Your role is to multiply the team effectiveness, individual joy, and client positive experience. You will bring planning and process expertise to convert ideas into functional prototypes and then full-scale products with high rates of adoption. The products should help clients improve care, reduce cost, and exceed customer expectations while improving staff joy. You should love getting individual contributors and teams to achieve more than they thought possible to solve meaningful problems. Besides planning and process expertise, we’ll lean on you to optimize team resources, to ask critical questions, and facilitate communication to ensure transparency towards our common goals. Besides working directly with the Data Science team, you will work with other Health Catalyst technical teams for cross-team resourcing and product integration. Lastly, you will work with our Sales, Marketing, and Professional Services teams to leverage the Data Science team’s products across our user base.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Create, implement and adhere to best practices and workflow processes
- Accountability for being the point of contact and response repository for recurring requests from Sales and Professional Services analytics teams
- Support the Data Science team in establishing and maintaining priorities and open communication with product and services teams
- Enhance adoption of Data Science team’s services and products and actively seek integration points that will delight our clients.
- Expert in Agile project management – especially Scrum
- Deep experience overseeing all steps and artifacts associated with all technical projects, including running strategy sessions (quarterly), backlog development and grooming, sprint planning (bi-weekly), retrospectives, and providing feedback for improvement opportunities
- Experience in response management – including RFP/RFIs for Sales teams, Professional Services/Analytics teams – and setting appropriate expectations and prioritization for all involved stake holders
- Strong communication (both verbal and written) – experience managing development engineers’ and/or data scientists’ projects/resources, along with customer/client projects with collaboration and accountability emphasis to achieve successful outcomes and timeline goals
- Strong commitment to project quality and ability to adapt to Scrum commitments and needs
- Deep experience in prioritization and balancing of customer needs with allotment of team capabilities and bandwidth to optimize resource allocation
- Long-term relationship management experience
Education & Relevant Experience
- BS/BA in technology, business, or healthcare related degree, Masters degree preferred
- Demonstrated commitment to project management best practices (e.g., PMP and/or Scrum Master certification)
- Five+ years’ experience in healthcare/technology related field
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job function. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned by Health Catalyst.