We are looking for a new Senior Software Engineer, with extensive skills in Rails and React to help optimize and evolve the heart of our platform, creating and maintaining features that drive our Projects modules.
ACL exists to help make the world a safer and more ethical place. By enabling Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC) professionals that use our software to be recognized for the value they bring to their organizations, we aim to be game-changers: to provide organizations with the software tools, support, and knowledge to dive deep into their data, identify anomalies, and manage GRC across the entire organization. From helping a national agency track down missing children to helping banks find suspicious patterns in their data and state agencies stamp out fraudulent activities, ACL has been at the heart of many investigations that have helped save people and millions... talk about impact!
The R&D team extends beyond the walls of ACL and stands on the shoulders of giants. We use the innovation of technology partners like Amazon, select OEMs, and the Open Source Community to ensure we’re meeting our challenges with the most current and effective technologies. We give back by contributing time, code and support to our engineers and across the community.
As a Dev shop, we work quickly to release new stuff on a continuous basis. We own what we build and do not pass it off to others. We continually work to reduce the time required to build and safely deploy software. Security, integrity and performance are not an afterthought. They are built into our development process. If a serious vulnerability is discovered we pause everything else and immediately resolve it. We have a product development group of 70+ and counting (the company has over 300 employees and counting). We work in small teams comprised of 5 or so Software Engineers, 2 Software Engineers in Test, a Manager, a UX Designer, UX Developer and a Product Manager. It’s our version of a scrum team.
The Challenge Ahead
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer, with extensive skills in React & Rails to help optimize and evolve the heart of our platform, creating and maintaining features that drive our Projects module. Working with a team of talented designers and engineers, you will be instrumental in working on our GRC platform. Building elegant and intuitive systems, you understand the importance of balancing efficiency, accessibility with flawless beauty and design to yield the highest output, integrating platform-wide shared and reusable components.
What you Bring to ACL
You are an experienced backend developer who is not afraid to also assist with the frontend specifically using React and Redux. You may or may not have React experience (awesome if you do), regardless you are willing and able to learn more about React and continue to expand your knowledge on Rails. You eat code for breakfast and lunch, and munch on software architecture blogs and books for dinner. When you wake up in the morning you usually have a solution to a complex problem in your head and you can’t wait to get to the office to code it and share it with your teammates.
These values make you jump for joy:
- Customer intensity (we are obsessed about building things our customers will love)
- Disruptive innovation (the collaborative and relentless pursuit of effective creation)
- Authenticity (we mean what we say, we act with integrity, we care about our company and each other)
Qualifications, Experience, and Abilities:
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Experience delivering large-scale, high availability, secure Rails applications with React & Redux front-end in an agile environment a plus.
- Experience building and consuming RESTful APIs, working with relational databases and SQL.
- Care deeply for code quality, be a TDD ninja and detest having bugs slip through to production.
- Strong ability to mentor fellow developers providing guidance on technical design and implementation.
- Bonus: you are actively involved in local meetups and open source project contributions we can look at on Github.
Ready to apply?
If this sounds just like you, go for it! And if not, use your application to show us why you are passionate about this opportunity and apply anyways. We just might be able to sort something out.