Who we are
Madison Reed is a well-funded and market proven start-up based in San Francisco. We're using technology to disrupt the $50B hair care market. If you want to own the outcome and own a piece of the upside - this is opportunity knocking!
We are a fast paced, collaborative development team working effectively to solve challenging problems. We’re pragmatic, opinionated, considerate and positive.
Our priority is shipping quality web products on a timely basis. We work directly with the business to build solutions that solve real problems and want developers who can thrive in an environment where you’re in the driver’s seat to create something amazing. Madison Reed is looking for a talented, creative, motivated engineer who loves developing powerful, stable and intuitive web apps.
Who you are
You love solving problems and are passionate about building quality software. You are well versed in translating business requirements into sustainable well designed architectures. You enjoy meeting challenges across the entire stack. You thrive in a transparent collaborative work environment. You have an open mind and believe in putting the best ideas ahead of personal views. You love learning new technologies and pick them up quickly.
Required Skills and Experience
- 5+ years professional development experience
- Strong understanding of HTML/XHTML and CSS
- Strong understanding of Web-Browser Technologies & Performance
- Experience with highly scalable architectures
- TDD and continuous integration experience
- Experience with Git/Github
- Development work with MySQL, Redis, and MongoDB (or other NoSQL technologies)
- Experience with mobile – native, web or hybrid a big plus
How we work
We are a rapidly growing team of smart and passionate engineers. We like people are self starters and feel comfortable helping to drive the direction of the products they work on.
We are agile...
Agile development methodologies mean different things to different people. We don’t believe in following a process for process’ sake. We ship frequently and focus on delivering incremental value - day by day, week by week, we make the company better.
We value our people...
We spend time regularly working on whatever we’re interested in. We invest in our people and culture by creating opportunities that combine our interests with what the company needs. We have lunch-and-learns, team outings, and encourage personal learning projects. Exposing engineers to new technologies and boosting career growth through ownership and business transparency is what we offer to you.
Please DO apply if:
- You’ve got a ton of experience and are willing to continue to grow and learn on the job.
- You're a closer - not a manager or a coordinator - but someone who loves to get stuff done, and done well (done means consistency in production).
- You are a “go-to” person because you're reliable, creative, resourceful, a good decision maker, and generally one of the most capable people amongst your peers.
- You're articulate, persuasive, and a good listener
- Your friends and former employers would gush about you and your awesomeness
Information for Recruiters: Madison Reed only accepts resumes directly from candidates. Madison Reed does not accept unsolicited resumes from staffing vendors, including recruitment agencies and/or search firms, and does not pay fees to any such vendors for any unsolicited resumes