Business Unit: SPV
Toll Supervisor / Shift Supervisor
Various Toll Plaza
The Toll collector reports directly to the Toll Supervisor/Shift Supervisor and shall have the responsibility to perform the duties of accurate vehicle classification, toll collection, money handling, public relations and other tasks in such a way that passage by the user through the Toll Plaza is achieved in an efficient manner.
TOLL COLLECTORS’ ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collection of Toll: To ensure that the toll amount of toll collected is equivalent to the number of vehicles transacted according to their class and mode of payment during the duration of the collector’s shift.
- To record and prepare relevant reports on toll collection.
- To record in the Shift Report (T1.00) every transaction this gives rise to a discrepancy in the collection.
- To carry out the cash counting and reconciliation at the End-of-Shift and surrender the day’s collection to the Cashier.
- Maximize Traffic movement from the Toll window
- Minimize error in identification of the vehicle category entered during collecting toll charge
- Minimize absenteeism and increase work efficiency
- Smooth and clear cash payment process on the toll window
- According to vehicle class
- The toll collector is required to ensure that the toll collected is as per the vehicle class and its respective toll fare.
- Payment of toll fare for a vehicle is determined by the following:
- The number of axles on the vehicle
- Category of vehicle, that is:-
Class 1: Car, Passenger Van and Jeep
Class 2: Light Commercial Vehicle and Mini-Bus
Class 3: Truck and Bus
Class 4: Heavy construction Machinery (HCM), Earth moving equipment (EME), Multi-axle Vehicle (3 -6 axles)
Class 5: Oversized Vehicles
- Exceptional Cases
- If one vehicle is towing another, the toll fare is the fare of both vehicles according to their classes.
- If vehicle/vehicles are being transported on another vehicle (flatbed), then only the class of the transporting vehicle is classified and charged.
- JOB SPECIFICATIONS
Education: Graduate in any discipline
Years of Experience: 3+ years of experience in construction, infrastructure development or Toll Management
Working Hours: 24/7 operation + On Call Duty