Want to help people get the financial protection they need — and feel confident in their choices? Policygenius is a NYC-based tech startup that makes it easy to compare and buy insurance online. Since 2014, we’ve raised over $52 million of venture capital, established ourselves as a pioneer in Fintech and helped more than 4.5 million people get vital coverage for their families.
We're rapidly growing and looking for people with grit, great attitudes and creative problem-solving skills to join our powerhouse team. Come see why we were voted one of INC's best workplaces of 2018!
About the role...
At Policygenius, we apply a rigorous data-driven approach to solving problems. Analytics is not just a buzzword but a tangible and proven way to measure performance and conduct experiments to improve all aspects of our business.
Reporting to the Head of Business Intelligence and working cross-functionally across Marketing, Product, Design, and Engineering, this Product Analyst will have countless opportunities to drive insights into action and ultimately impact a consumer product that is fundamentally transforming the insurance industry!
- Support the Product teams in solving business-critical problems working across Design, Marketing, and Engineering
- Lead strategic initiative to level-up our capabilities through research in leading product analytics platforms and processes
- Design & execute AB testing and multivariate testing plans
- Carry out ad hoc analyses from data acquisition to insights
- Extract insights on how different visitors behavior impact conversion
- Contribute to the product roadmap to define and implement success metrics that will evaluate performance
- Incorporate data and insights from adjacent functions, e.g. customer profiles, marketing activities, website design & development, downstream conversion, etc.
- 5+ years experience analyzing and improving consumer-facing, digital product performance with clear, quantifiable results
- Proficiency in a leading product analytics tool or platform, e.g. MixPanel, Amplitude, Optimizely, Segment, Heap or similar
- Strong experience in cross-functional collaboration to deliver business impact, the ability to synthesize, visualize and communicate ideas to stakeholders across different functions and levels
- An exceptionally analytical mindset, driven by curiosity with a focus on data-driven decision making and measuring success
- Comfort and desire to take the wheel and tackle complex and ambiguous problems
- Fluency in SQL with experience in data visualization in Tableau or similar tools
- STEM undergraduate and/or master’s degree preferred; background in computer science / software engineering a plus
- Experience analyzing mobile app performance a plus
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship
- Some fun surprises when you join… (Shhh… It’s a secret!)