Singular is a marketing intelligence platform that unifies marketing analytics, giving marketers actionable insights from previously siloed data. By connecting upper funnel marketing data with lower-funnel attribution data, marketers can measure ROI from every touchpoint across multiple channels and optimize spend down to the most granular levels. Singular currently tracks over $10 billion in digital marketing spend to revenue and lifetime value across industries including commerce, travel, gaming, entertainment, media, and on-demand services. Singular customers include companies like Lyft, Yelp, Airbnb, LinkedIn, Symantec, Zynga, Match, and Twitter. Singular is backed by Norwest Venture Partners, General Catalyst, Thomvest Ventures, Method Capital, Translink Capital, DCM and Telstra Ventures. Visit www.singular.net to learn more.
Singular is seeking a data analyst to help us drive the way we use data and the insights we get from it as we grow. You’ll drive insights for internal business units, thought leadership posts and publications and drive data adoption throughout Singular.
About the job
You’ll be working with our marketing and other business teams to help them analyze our data, get a clear picture of our business, and generate ground breaking insights based on our wide customer data. You’ll turn questions into answers by exploring our data, building models, and crafting visualizations to identify and interpret patterns, trends, and anomalies.
In this role you will:
- Work closely with business owners and writers to understand their analytics needs, gaps and goals to answer them with data-driven insights.
- Connect data sources together as a basis for analytics, work with engineering teams to get access to the relevant data and understand it.
- Analyze data through code, queries and BI platforms to provide data driven insights and visualizations needed by the various business teams.
- Expand our BI platforms to be more relevant for different teams for daily use.
- Drive adoption of data ownership and use on ongoing basis throughout the company, help more people gain the tools needed to get answers to ongoing questions by themselves.
- Collaborate with other data analysts to drive data-driven culture in the company.
You’re analytical, collaborative, and passionate about data. You thrive in fast paced environments and communicate cross-functionally with ease. You have experience extracting insights from massive datasets in order to tell a story and helping others, technology and business people alike to utilize data and BI on daily basis. Ideally, you have a background in adtech, martech, marketing analytics, customer journey or SaaS systems. Above all else, you take pride in deriving insights that will ultimately influence the digital marketing industry.
In addition, you have the following experience:
- 3+ years in data analyst role, having hands on experience with accessing SQL and non-SQL databases, researching business needs, writing queries, analysing data and providing insights and visualizations
- 2+ years hands on experience with Python or other programming language for data analytics tasks, able to build ETL layers on top of different data sources
- 1+ years of hands on experience data modeling and reporting using a modern BI/analytics/visualization platforms such as Tableau, Looker, PowerBI, etc; Ideally experience with owning and managing a modern BI platform
- Strong team and personal skills, ability to enthusiast and drive data adoption across organizations, understand business needs and generate insights from data
- Proficient in Excel