Summary of Position:
Through its market-leading financial management solution, VisitPay®, VisitPay is using software, data and analytics to transform how hospitals help patients manage their healthcare expenses. The company is growing, and we are seeking a Senior Product Manager for VisitPay, our market-leading healthcare payment software application.
The right candidate will have a demonstrated track record leading the design and management of software-based solutions, preferably in a web-based environment. They should be familiar with and espouse an iterative, agile development and product release mindset, with a focus on quality and compliance.
This person will work with cross-functional teams to establish a long-term roadmap for their solution. To do so they should be adept at gaining insight from a variety of inputs (both qualitative and quantitative), turning that insight into product direction, then work closely with engineering teams as the product is developed and iterated. The candidate will also work with client-facing teams to ensure the appropriate level of support, education, and training is provided as the product matures.
This person will report to the Chief Product Officer and will not initially have any direct reports but will work cross-functionally with all internal stakeholders to include, software development, IT, product management, client management, and executive leadership.
Competencies for success:
- Advanced problem-solving and ability to turn insight into product features
- Ability to gather requirements and needs from many internal and external sources, and synthesize those needs into coherent, actionable strategies
- Ability to turn complex thoughts and insights into clear, written software requirements and documentation
- Strong understanding of data and how it’s leveraged in business environments to drive change
- Ability to partner and engage with a cross-section of people at multiple levels of the organization required.
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written. Strong presentation skills.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in a business or technical discipline. MBA or related master's degree is a plus.
- 5-10+ years of experience as a product manager in software, including experience with enterprise software solutions.
- Experience managing products in a B2B, B2C, or B2B2C setting.
- Significant understanding of and experience with agile development processes and tools (Jira experience is a plus)
- Experience partnering with key stakeholders to understand customer needs, identify trends and feed those needs into product development.
- Experience leading the work of systems/requirements analysis, UX designers and UI developers.
- Previous experience in healthcare billing and/or consumer finance, is a significant plus.
- This position is based in Boise, ID.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
VisitPay is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.