Summary of Position:
This role is for an experienced mid-level software engineer to be a member of the DevOps Team to help advance our automated CICD processes and cloud-based infrastructure in Microsoft Azure.
This team is responsible for the design, implementation, and monitoring of automated deployment tools, processes, and cloud architecture that meet stringent requirements in the areas of performance, scalability, security, quality and reliability. We work in concert with application developers, quality assurance, IT, and client implementation teams in a fast-paced environment where you will be consistently challenged.
Previous DevOps experience is not required but would be welcome, provided you have demonstrated experience working as a software developer or engineer.
- Help design, build, and deploy a reliable, secure, and scalable infrastructure in your capacity as a software developer
- Incrementally improve highly-automated build and deployment pipelines
- Collaborate with multiple teams when necessary to work through dependencies and requirements
- Solve complex problems in high-pressure situations
- Mentor junior team members in software development best practices
- Thrive in a fast-paced start-up culture that expects great things every day
Competencies for success:
- Adaptability to changing priorities, deadlines, and requirements
- Communicate clearly to team members and project stakeholders
- Keep up with latest DevOps trends, technologies, and strategies
- Understands the software development life cycle
- Values continuous and incremental improvement
- Works effectively with remote team members
Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in C.S., software engineering, or related field
3+ years previous experience as a software developer or engineer
Demonstrated knowledge of web technologies
Experience with multiple programming languages
Experienced working hands-on with SQL databases
Comfortable with both Windows and Linux
Knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes, or similar technologies
Previously worked within Agile frameworks such as Scrum or Kanban
Prefer knowledge in the handling and security of sensitive data
- This position is based in Boise, ID. Relocation assistance is not provided.
VisitPay is a well-funded start-up in a $400B growing market. We are a nationally focused company working closing with some of the nation’s largest and most well-respected health systems to provide innovative and compelling SaaS-based products. We are poised to capture significant share in the massive and growing self-pay market. Our solutions help healthcare systems optimize their revenue while providing patients with much improved and friendly billing experience.
Located in beautiful Boise, Idaho, you will have the opportunity to work with an exceptional leadership team who has significant experience building companies in consumer finance, software and analytics, and enjoy a competitive salary, benefits and equity appreciation rights, as well as a work/life balance suited to enjoy the beautiful landscape Idaho provides.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
VisitPay is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.