Reporting to the Head of L&D, Udemy is looking for a senior facilitator with experience developing new manager training and leadership programs. You will design, develop and expand upon our existing manager development programs, and create content that supports the growth and development of exceptional Udemy leaders.
Because of who we are - learners and disruptors committed to improving lives through learning - you’ll need to be innovative and creative, willing to experiment and dead set on providing best in class learning experiences for our Udemy employees.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Assess and identify individual, team and organizational learning needs
- Develop and roll out a “manager curriculum” that supports employees in their first five years of people management
- Curation of appropriate content from the Udemy for Business platform
- Instructional design of appropriate and relevant learning content in a variety of formats including instructor-led training, asynchronous video-based learning, job aids, etc.
- Facilitate existing courses and workshops
- Facilitate learning programs that adapt to the target audience
- Create and maintain materials and guides for learning programs
- Coordination of in-person and virtual logistics for learning and events
- Development and facilitation of team building workshops
- Development of content that transitions ICs into people management
- Connect with and build a community of learners in creative ways to market your programs and engage your audience
- Build trust across the organization and engage appropriate stakeholders
- Use data and metrics to drive and evaluate programs
- Special projects that may include internal research or initiatives to support an “internal culture of learning”
We're excited about you because you have:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent practical experience
- 7+ years of work experience in a related field (Learning & Development, Talent Management, Leadership Development, HR, Education)
- Bonus points if you’ve been a classroom teacher!
- 5+ years experience creating and delivering programs to develop manager and leader capabilities through formal and informal methods
- Proficiency using presentation technologies and google apps
- Demonstrated ability to build trusted relationships across diverse range of stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to empathize and communicate with managers and leaders
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including written and verbal communication skills
- Expert facilitation skills, with an ability to adapt content and conversations to meet the target audience
- Creative and innovative instructional design skills, with an interest in trying new methods and approaches
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, more than 30 million students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), and São Paulo (Brazil). Compensation includes full-time salary, equity compensation plan, and competitive benefits including healthcare, commuter benefits, paternity leave, and an unlimited vacation policy.
Udemy in the News: