The Udemy Internship will be a 10-week paid program for undergraduate or post-graduate students from June 2019 to September 2019. As the Software Engineering summer intern, you will target high quality of software development life cycle covering design, development, testing, implementation and support. This is a critical role enabling rapid scaling of the partner program globally.
As a member of engineering team, you will be working with an intense and autonomous team that creates learning which amaze millions of people around the world. Thanks to frequent releases to the live environment you will be able to see the results at the end of each sprint. With the passion of learning and ability to switch between different technologies, you will be tackling with the new challenges on large – scale learning.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Be responsible for laying the foundation for the platform as well as proposing solutions to ease software development
- Designing and helping implement data engineering for task automation
- Implement statistical concepts and techniques to analyze experiments and user behavior
- Completing all assigned tasks/projects adhering to timelines and meeting all deadlines
- Actively participating in change and appreciating a dynamic environment with rapidly changing priorities
- Identifying and solving key problems creatively with minimal guidance
- Continuously discovering, evaluating and implementing new frameworks and technologies to maximize development efficiency
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams and contribution to the process of defining, designing new features in a highly collaborative agile environment
- Preparing technical documentations and operations teams
We’re excited about you because you have:
- 3rd year students or Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering Science, Electrical & Electronics Engineering or equivalent practical experience
- Creative and innovative problem-solving skills
- Good team player, collaborative, result-oriented attitude
- Analytical skills
- Strong understanding of OO design and programming
- Demonstrated knowledge of algorithms and data structures
- Familiarity with RESTful services
- Understanding of testing concepts
- Strong teamwork and communication skills, eager to contribute
- Passion to learn new technologies
- Willingness to dive into software environments and technical issues
- Advanced level of English
- Residence in Ankara
- Interest in at least one: Python, Django, DRF, SQL, automated mobile and web testing
- Familiarity with cutting-edge technologies to help a system to be efficient and scalable such as Redis, RabbitMQ, Kafka, etc
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, more than 30 million students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), and São Paulo (Brazil). Compensation includes full-time salary, equity compensation plan, and competitive benefits including healthcare, commuter benefits, paternity leave, and an unlimited vacation policy.
Udemy in the News: