LendingClub (NYSE: LC) was founded in 2007 under the belief that a technology and data-driven marketplace can improve the way people access and invest in credit, creating value for both sides. Since then, we've helped millions of Americans take control of their debt, pursue their dreams, and invest in their future – all in a fair, transparent, and affordable way. Today we’re the world’s largest online credit marketplace, facilitating billions of dollars in loans annually, and we’re leading the governance of a new industry by developing ethical, responsible ways to bring greater value and better opportunities to our members. Everyone deserves a better financial future and our team is committed to making that a reality.
About the Role
Here at LendingClub, we take pride in helping our customers through our ethos of service: Lending Care. As leaders in the market, we seek individuals who are inspired by our vision and embody our values.
By joining the Credit Team, you’ll have the opportunity to keep our customers on the path to financial success. In this role, you’ll verify customer identity and credit worthiness with integrity while following three simple principles: “Build a Relationship, Make It Easy, and Think Ahead”
What You'll Do
- Think ahead and provide solutions that anticipate future needs
- Simplify complex processes and make it easy for customers to grasp
- Are passionate about building relationships and improving customer experiences
- Adapt to new situations by thinking on your feet
- Translate feedback to actionable results and dedicate time to your professional development
- Genuinely curious about people and business, while inspiring passion in others
- Have strong analytical, written & verbal communication skills
- Are comfortable and well versed in online research
- Understand the value of empathy when it comes to providing service
- Proficient in using computers and able to quickly navigate multiple programs, type with precision, and efficiently research/browse information
- Review personal loan applications with precision in a high-volume environment
- Review and verify financial information such as income documents & credit bureau reports
- Deal with some ambiguity in the application review before responding to a customer’s unique situation
- Interact with the customers over the phone to verify identity and/or employment information, if needed
- Help us build upon our foundation of Lending Care and uphold the reputation of the best-in-class service
- Continue to learn the business and take ownership of your role and responsibilities
- College degree
- 1+ years of experience in the consumer lending industry
- Experience with reviewing financial documents
What we value...
- Doing what's right: Committed to acting with honestly, integrity and in the best interest of our customers
- Know your stuff: We are a data-driven business. Each of us must be an expert on our areas, continuously rooted in a deep understanding of the data
- Be confident with humility: We are exceptionally capable individuals who put our egos aside and focus on our collective goals
- Make impossible happen: We look beyond what is possible today to create new and better ways to deliver value for our customers
- Evolve with purpose: We embrace and create change. While we set our strategy for the long-term, we stay flexible to adapt to new opportunities
- Act like an owner: We take ownership and hold ourselves accountable to our commitments and actions
Why you should join...
A great place to build your career
We want you to learn and grow with us. Onboarding programs, on-the-job training, career-development sessions, and performance check-ins keep you on a path toward the next level. Last year, 57% of our new Operations managers were promotions from within the company.
We celebrate individuality
Individual perspectives and experiences make us and our business better—there is no “typical” LendingClub employee. We encourage everyone to voice their opinions, while retaining the humility to listen and accept other viewpoints. Employee resource groups—like our women’s, veterans, Latinx, and LGBTQ groups—offer more ways to feel connected and supported within our LendingClub community.
You are worth it
We want every employee to feel valued. One way we do that is through our generous compensation and benefits package, which includes
- Generous paid time off for hourly team members
- 401(k) match up to 4% or $5,000 per year
- Wellness program with cash incentives and more!
Perks with purpose
We also offer a wide range of onsite perks to help you get the most out of your day.
- Onsite gym, locker room, showers and a bike room
- Public Café in the building
- Light-filled, colorful workspaces that encourage collaboration and innovation
- Restaurant pads, covered parking
- Basketball courts and open field for sports activates
- BBQ area
- Healthy snacks and drinks
Position ineligible for visa sponsorship.
LendingClub is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe that a variety of perspectives will make our teams and business stronger as we work together to transform the traditional banking system.