LendingClub (NYSE: LC) was founded in 2007 under the belief that a technology and data-driven marketplace can improve the way people access and invest in credit, creating value for both sides. Since then, we've helped millions of Americans take control of their debt, pursue their dreams, and invest in their future – all in a fair, transparent, and affordable way. Today we’re the world’s largest online credit marketplace, facilitating billions of dollars in loans annually, and we’re leading the governance of a new industry by developing ethical, responsible ways to bring greater value and better opportunities to our members. Everyone deserves a better financial future and our team is committed to making that a reality.
About the Role
LendingClub is seeking a talented and seasoned Creative Director with deep expertise in creating strategic and engaging experiences through brand development, digital, and full-service creative. The ideal candidate is as comfortable managing and motivating a team of creatives as they are designing and building creative assets. The Creative Director will be directing the strategy, creation, and execution of all design materials across print, motion, web, experience, storytelling, and more to help shape the image of LendingClub as a brand helping to improve peoples’ financial lives.
What You'll Do
- Set the creative vision for the LendingClub narrative in support of strategic marketing and business objectives
- Promote collaboration among a variety of stakeholders across LendingClub’s business lines, providing strong partnership and leadership with the aim of a cohesive and impactful omnichannel brand experience
- Lead, inspire, and develop a team of designers, continually honing the craft and achieving a high bar of excellence across initiatives and mediums
- Act as steward of the LendingClub brand with external and internal stakeholders
- Present and sell your team’s work to an executive level audience, articulating creative strategy
- Support the team in defining and executing priorities, balancing day-to-day prioritization with long-term objectives
- Manage the overall administration of the creative department, including budget and the hiring and management of external vendors and freelancers
- Elevate the “can-do” spirit of the team, with fresh thinking, optimism, resourcefulness, and a positive attitude
- 10+ years of experience in a variety of industries, including several years leading creative teams and building and scaling a design team
- Ability to bring the brand to life in multiple online and offline mediums
- Experience with corporate marketing and branding with a clear understanding of marketing strategies and concepts
- Strong conceptual skills and the ability to start with a big idea and move it through project completion
- The ability to design within the existing LendingClub brand standards and visual identity systems, while interpreting them in fresh and imaginative ways while pushing boundaries as the business evolves
- You love working with diverse teams and personalities
- People love working with you
LendingClub is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe that a variety of perspectives will make our teams and business stronger as we work together to transform the traditional banking system.