LendingClub (NYSE: LC) was founded in 2007 under the belief that a technology and data-driven marketplace can improve the way people access and invest in credit, creating value for both sides. Since then, we've helped millions of Americans take control of their debt, pursue their dreams, and invest in their future – all in a fair, transparent, and affordable way. Today we’re the world’s largest online credit marketplace, facilitating billions of dollars in loans annually, and we’re leading the governance of a new industry by developing ethical, responsible ways to bring greater value and better opportunities to our members. Everyone deserves a better financial future and our team is committed to making that a reality.
About the Role
Lending Club is seeking new talent to join its Corporate Strategy team. We are a small, dynamic team, working directly with our CEO and executive team in developing and executing our strategy.
This is a great opportunity if you are a highly proficient analyst, strategy thinker, and self-starter. You can generate high-impact insights and make a compelling case for the right answer. You handle multiple, challenging projects at the same time with ease, adjusting your priorities on the fly. You know when to sweat the details and when to back off and look at the bigger picture. No matter what, long-term, actionable impact is what motivates you, and you are always thinking about how to move things along.
What You'll Do
You have a broad range of excellent communication skills and know how to deploy them in a variety of contexts – from leading one-to-one meetings with executives to sharing written insights with large audiences of senior leaders.
• Your primary mandate will be to help Lending Club’s leadership make decisions on the company’s most important questions, including on new products, investor strategy, and corporate development. You’ll meet this mandate through deep analysis, clear communication, and partner engagement.
• You’ll lead change through the implementation of new initiatives and communicate intelligence on our fast-growing and ever-changing environment to stakeholders across our organization.
• The Strategy team works with all members of the executive team, and especially closely with the CEO.
You will have the opportunity to work on highly rewarding and challenging strategic issues, build unique presentation and executive skills, and have unparalleled access to a public company’s leadership. We’ve delivered huge value to borrowers and investors already, with over $39 billion lent on our platform to over 2.5 million people; we want you to help drive our next phase of growth. Depending on preferences, this role could eventually be a stepping stone to other roles – on the Strategy team or elsewhere in the company – or a unique experience prior to business school.
- 1- 3 years’ experience at a top consulting firm, investment bank, venture fund, or startup
- Self-starter with the ability to own projects from initial question development to rollout
- Excellent analytical and financial modeling skills
- Excellent prose and PowerPoint writing skills
- Excellent relational skills with ability to work effectively with senior business leaders
- Flexibility required to work in an evolving environment: moving quickly and responding to changing priorities, working independently and in teams
- Attentive to details and highly organized, with strong independent planning and project management skills
- Financial services or technology experience a plus
- Bachelor's Degree required
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
LendingClub is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe that a variety of perspectives will make our teams and business stronger as we work together to transform the traditional banking system.