LendingClub (NYSE: LC) was founded in 2007 under the belief that a technology and data-driven marketplace can improve the way people access and invest in credit, creating value for both sides. Since then, we've helped millions of Americans take control of their debt, pursue their dreams, and invest in their future – all in a fair, transparent, and affordable way. Today we’re the world’s largest online credit marketplace, facilitating billions of dollars in loans annually, and we’re leading the governance of a new industry by developing ethical, responsible ways to bring greater value and better opportunities to our members. Everyone deserves a better financial future and our team is committed to making that a reality.
• Run the discounted cash flow models for the estimation of fair value of loans, securities issued, loan servicing assets/liabilities and other instruments.
• Assist in the maintenance and implementation of recurring updates to our valuation models, and ensure any changes are analyzed and documented.
• Execute monthly accounting close procedures and deliverables including journal entry preparation, balance sheet reconciliations and fluctuation analysis over key accounts.
• Prepare journal entries to record the monthly activity produced from the fair value models, other revenue streams, receivables and subsequent cash receipt.
• Prepare journal entries to record securitization and club certificate asset backed transactions.
• Proactively review current procedures and seek ways to improve processes to reduce monthly time to close, accuracy of accounting entries, and operational efficiency
• Collaborate with business partners to ensure compliance with corporate accounting policies, procedures, and controls
• Assist with SEC reporting footnote preparation, respond to audit requests, and complete ad-hoc projects as necessary.