LendingClub (NYSE: LC) was founded in 2007 under the belief that a technology and data-driven marketplace can improve the way people access and invest in credit, creating value for both sides. Since then, we've helped millions of Americans take control of their debt, pursue their dreams, and invest in their future – all in a fair, transparent, and affordable way. Today we’re the world’s largest online credit marketplace, facilitating billions of dollars in loans annually, and we’re leading the governance of a new industry by developing ethical, responsible ways to bring greater value and better opportunities to our members. Everyone deserves a better financial future and our team is committed to making that a reality.
About the Role
The Third Party Risk team works closely with the Procurement team, Risk, and Business Stakeholders to onboard and maintain vendor risk and other third parties. We build strong business partnerships and facilitate risk management activities. Additionally, and most importantly, we act as the second line of defense against risks associated with outsourcing services to third parties.
What You'll Do
As the Third Party Risk Manager you will independently run and prioritize complex projects and deadlines in a dynamic environment. You will develop relationships throughout the company to facilitate the Third Party Risk framework and associated project initiatives. You will also utilize your technical expertise and data analysis skills help to identify and implement innovative methods and tools to bring efficiencies and meet regulatory and audit requirements, as well as create accurate and timely reporting for senior management and internal partners. You will continuously monitor third parties and vendors for changes that may affect the risk environment and require risk remediation, provide guidance as an authority to internal partners and senior management, and track remediation activity to completion. In addition, you will be responsible for the day to day running of program activities including ensuring that risk assessment, due diligence, and any other reviews and approvals are obtained at the time of onboarding and during the entire third party lifecycle through termination.
This is a role that requires you to ask good questions to increase your knowledge and to find creative solutions to problems you have never encountered before.
- Execute on strategic projects to develop the maturity of the Third Party Risk program and ensure alignment with the business
- Be the Domain Expert on regulatory requirements and utilize creative problem solving and critical thinking skills to design program enhancements
- Communicate timelines and the work you're doing to achieve project objectives
- Develop deep understanding of Third Party Risk program and initiatives and provide guidance to internal and external partners
- Develop and document procedures and conduct training
- Support processes and vendor onboarding as necessary
- Develop and enhance tools and procedures to support key partners
- Facilitate implementation and administration of technology processes and tools to support the program
- Facilitate integrations and data analysis across various Third Party Risk and Enterprise systems
Data Analysis and Reporting
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of work experience in third party risk management, vendor management, consulting, project management, audit or compliance
- Experience operating in a highly regulated environment
- Demonstrated quantitative and technological aptitude with extremely strong logical skills required
- You can communicate complex ideas to senior leaders while being confident and concise, and practice good judgment in a professional setting.
- You do not mind rolling up your sleeves to ensure even the smallest tasks are completed on time, but are able to see the big picture and contribute your ideas to further the success of the overall team.
- Ability to work independently in a rapidly changing environment and adapt to change quickly with minimal supervision
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple competing assignments with efficiency and accuracy and manage partner expectations
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint required. Experience with databases and coding languages a plus
LendingClub is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe that a variety of perspectives will make our teams and business stronger as we work together to transform the traditional banking system.