Grove Collaborative is a digitally native brand and direct-to-consumer e-commerce platform for natural home and personal care products. With a mission to help every family create a healthy, beautiful home, Grove offers a flexible recurring shipment model and gives each customer a personal shopper, a “Grove Guide.”
We are a B Corp
We are a B Corp - a group of about 2,500 companies (like Patagonia and Ben & Jerry's) that prioritize social and environmental impact as well as profits. We can only do well if our community, environment, employees, and customers do well too.
We sell real things to real people, and make an impact
We’re not selling to Silicon Valley and New York; Our customers are real families across the United States. We’ve helped hundreds of thousands of families make better decisions and use more sustainable products.
Grove Collaborative is looking to hire a Head of Talent Acquisition to support the growth of the company. We need a passionate leader who can build Grove’s teams to meet our ambitious goals. The Head of Talent Acquisition will partner with senior leaders across the organization to define our approach to talent and create the engine to achieve this vision.
We are seeking someone who is excited about building and growing a talent acquisition team, thinking through the best way to structure the function and develop individual people. Our ideal candidate is both strategic and operational and someone who loves data and building the engine. We are looking for a creative thinker who will launch new programs to support our goals from candidate experience, onboarding experience, diversity initiatives, employer branding and internship programs.
The Head of Talent Acquisition is excited about rolling up their sleeves, building and growing the function, thinking through best practices, and developing the strategy, mindset and skills within the organization.
What you will do:
· This role reports to the VP, People and partners closely with business leaders to understand their business strategy and talent needs
· Leverage deep recruiting knowledge to develop plans to attract top talent with required skillsets to support Grove’s business and growth objectives
· Serve as a player/coach partnering with senior leaders for full-cycle recruiting efforts for critical senior roles, including identifying capability and knowledge requirements, sourcing a diverse slate of candidates, establishing valid candidate assessment processes and facilitating the offer process
· Develop and implement Diversity and Inclusion programs pertaining to TA.
· Build and structure a recruiting team that can hire 200+ people annually across a wide range of functions (Growth, Merchandising, Engineering, Business Operations, Customer Happiness, Warehouse Operations)
· Coach and inspire a talent acquisition team to deliver outstanding results while effectively communicating the critical dimensions of the staffing strategy, updating the staffing status and ensuring tight alignment with the hiring managers and business unit plans.
· Lead the recruiting team to implement creative solutions to improve hiring processes and hire key talent quickly and efficiently and lead initiatives to ensure Grove is providing a best-in-class candidate experience.
· Maintain integrity and upkeep of recruiting systems and processes while supporting new tools and efficiency opportunities
· Responsible for the data integrity of ATS and establish key performance metrics for TA function, track and report to monitor and improve performance
· Build high trust relationships with internal and external clients and partners and participate in related programs and process improvement projects as a talent consultant to build and deliver best-in-class Talent Acquisition services
· Launch new programs to support our hiring goals, from interviewer training and on-campus recruiting to innovative diversity and inclusion initiatives
· Build an onboarding process and experience in partnership with the People Operations team with a strong focus on building an exceptional candidate experience
· Work cross functionally to build Grove’s employer brand
· Maintain compliance with audit, regulatory and legal requirements
This should describe you:
· Bachelor’s Degree with 8+ years recruitment experience
· Experience managing a team with the ability to advise and coach leaders
· Proven experience building out a Talent Acquisition function within a start-up environment
· Business aptitude that allows you to build a talent acquisition strategy linked to our overall business goals
· Ability to be creative in your approach and push yourself to think outside of the box and try new methods
· Current on external trend and changes in this space
· Enterprise leader. You build strong relationships up, down and across and motivate and advise everyone around you
· Extremely high bar for talent. You don’t compromise when it comes to hiring and inspire and teach others to do the same
· Lifelong learner, seeking to improve yourself, your team, and the world around you
· Team player who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves to help get things done
· Strong communication skills, organizational and negotiation skills.
Let’s do this
We're building a diverse and inclusive work environment where we learn from each other. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come join the community at Grove. It's a heck of a lot of fun, and we'd love to tell you more about it.