The Uber Technical Program Management (TPM) team plays a critical role executing high-impact company-wide initiatives and continuously improving process to increase the effectiveness of our product and engineering organizations.
TPMs move fluidly from the big picture to details so that the team can deliver complex and strategic cross-functional projects, often with tight deadlines. You are a bridge and a connector for the company. You are intuitive, focused, driven, organized, insightful and productive. You break through communication issues and effectively develop relationships with stakeholders at all levels of the organization. You build trust across the organization. You are not afraid to be direct, but you strive to act with empathy and integrity.
About the job:
Uber's Security team works to ensure the security of all private, personal and payment information for our full set of users - riders, drivers and partners. Our ultimate goal is to ensure that every single experience with Uber is simple, secure, and safe.
We are seeking a talented technical program manager to join our Security team in San Francisco. This individual will drive a world class privacy and access program, owning the strategy and execution of multiple business critical privacy and access related initiatives.
Who you are:
You immerse yourself in all aspects of security with a particular passion for privacy and access. You are looking for an opportunity that will try your technical skills and challenge your creativity. You are ready to face a wide range of security questions and challenge the status quo when you see things that can be done better. You are a subject matter expert in the privacy and access domain and push innovative ideas that solve technical and organizational challenges at scale.
What you’ll do:
- Drive the adoption of security frameworks and best practices at every layer of the stack
- Map critical business priorities to dependencies and align cross-functional roadmaps
- Earn the respect of world class engineers and serve as a their collaborative partner
- Foster innovative solutions to security, engineering, and infrastructure challenges
- Continuously improve and champion Uber’s access and privacy policies
- Streamline process and communication between the security and engineering organizations
What you’ll need:
- At least 5+ years Technical Program Management experience in the security domain
- Domain expertise with authentication, authorization, and directory services
- Solid understanding or large scale infrastructure and software engineering concepts
- Good judgement on when to “solve for yes” and when to push back with a “no”
- Strong communication skills and adaptable work style
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience with large scale migrations and software deployments in a rapidly changing, multi-language microservices environment
- Background as a software engineering, technical lead, and/or engineering manager
- Entrepreneurial aptitude and/or experience.