What You'll Do
- Work closely with engineers to produce clear-and-concise technical documentation.
- Properly organize documentation, from the layout of content on a page, to finding its proper place in the entire documentation taxonomy, with search optimization in mind.
- Review, understand, and integrate system-level electrical/mechanical engineering documentation (schematics, specifications, procedures) into Uber documentation.
- Identify user pain points and business needs in order to assess documentation requirements. Documentation efforts could include knowledge base articles, assembly manuals, developer reference guides, policy and procedure manuals, and more. It will be up to you to identify and prioritize documentation needs, and define the scope.
- Develop Uber ATG’s hardware standards and style guidelines, while helping engineers and technicians improve the quality of their writing.
- Stay up-to-date on OEM documentation (design, release, bulletins, and product development) and ensure relevant updates are reflected in Uber documentation.
- Work efficiently and build relationships with distributed teams located at Uber ATG offices in Pittsburgh and San Francisco. Occasional travel to Uber ATG locations is expected and required.
What You'll Need
- Demonstrated ability to learn technical concepts quickly. What we’re doing has never been done before, so there’s no playbook for it. You’ll be writing the playbook.
- Experience writing for hardware technologies. You will be helping to develop and implement documentation standards and voice.
- Experience using a version control system.
- Experience creating work instruction and inspection documentation. You don’t need to be an engineer, but you should be comfortable working with hardware.
- Comfortable working in a non-office environment. Some of your work will be done at a desk. Some of it will be done in a garage. Going hands-on is a requirement.
- Experience working with cars or trucks is a bonus. If you’ve modified your ride, or tweaked your ECU to eke out more HP, you’re ahead of the game.
- Experience in a manufacturing / r&d environment is a bonus. You should be aware of basic hand tools, PPE, and a basis for what an SOP should consist of.
About the Team
JUMP is building the future of urban mobility: shared electric bikes that are the quickest, most enjoyable, and most empowering way to get around a city. Cheaper than most public transit and faster than cars in traffic, JUMP e-bikes radically improve local transportation. Founded in 2010, JUMP pioneered dockless bike share and has deployed more than 15,000 bikes in 6 countries. Our goal is to transform cities, making them more sustainable, equitable, and livable through electric mobility. Recently acquired by Uber, our next step is to scale what we’ve done 100x - and launch electric bike sharing systems in every major city, globally. To make this vision a reality we need to grow our team. We place tremendous value on our company’s roots and culture: a mix of ingenuity, controlled chaos, hard work, and sense of purpose. This is a great opportunity to join a small but rapidly growing team that is shaping the future of transportation.