Turnitin is your partner in education with integrity. Turnitin’s originality checking and authorship investigation services ensure academic integrity, promote critical thinking, and help students improve their authentic writing. Turnitin provides instructors with the tools to prevent plagiarism, engage students in the writing process, and provide personalized feedback. Turnitin is used by more than 30 million students at 15,000 institutions in 140 countries. Turnitin is headquartered in Oakland, Calif., with international offices in Newcastle, U.K., Utrecht, Netherlands, Melbourne, Australia, Seoul, Korea and throughout Latin America.
Is it your passion to improve the daily lives of our teachers and to enrich the educational journey of our young people? Are you a “hunter” with a background in secondary education?
Then come and talk to us! We have a role open for a driven, enthusiastic personality to share our innovative tools with secondary schools in Australia and New Zealand.
Together with your team lead, you will shape a successful approach to your assigned territory by developing new business growth strategies, creating effective tactics and executing action plans to achieve your objectives.
You are a convincing and captivating communicator. You can create relationships with your prospects through online presentations, email, phone, and face-to-face meetings and events. You are comfortable working independently and building out a territory for the long term excites you. You are also a strong team player and you work towards shared objectives with internal stakeholders.
- Forecast, own, and achieve annual sales targets
- Build pipeline through inbound lead follow-up and outbound prospecting via a multi-touch strategy
- Successfully introduce cutting-edge products to a diverse pool of prospects
- Work closely with your immediate and wider-team such as marketing, account management, customer success, and technical support to ensure a top-notch client experience
- Effectively communicate Turnitin’s value proposition through onsite/online proposals and presentations
- Management of essential data in Salesforce CRM such as prospecting, forecasting, quoting, administration, and account metrics
- Keep up-to-date with and leverage developments in your territory such as growth opportunities, market trends, and State policy changes
- Contribute to strategy and planning alongside management
- Achieve a high customer satisfaction level that meets requirements of the customer and the company
- Achieve a new business target that is set for the territory
- Positively contribute to overall team targets set
Skills & Experience…
- 2+ years experience in a quota-driven, outbound sales role
- Clear understanding of the education industry, experience working with the secondary education sector is highly desirable
- Strong lead generation and prospecting experience
- Experience negotiating and delivering client-focused solutions via web and face-to-face
- Knowledge of LinkedIn and Salesforce CRM a plus
- Degree educated preferred
Where You’ll Be…
- Full-time based at Turnitin’s new Melbourne CBD office
- Standard working hours of 09.00 - 17.00 with flexible working i.e. 08:00 - 16:00
- Some travel in Australia, New Zealand, and the United States required
- May be required to work later than 17:00 to accommodate meetings with UK/US teams or when travelling
In Return You’ll get…
- Competitive Salary/Commission
- Gym reimbursement
- Free snacks and team events
- Great working environment in a growing office and company
- Cutting-edge software and technology to enable you to perform at your best
- Great CBD location with a squash court, restaurants, shopping, and public transit at our doorstep
Turnitin, LLC is committed to the policy that all persons have equal access to its programs, facilities and employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, creed, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital or veteran’s status.