Omada Health is on a mission to inspire and enable people everywhere to live free of chronic disease.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, highly motivated and talented in-house attorney to fill the position of Commercial Counsel. The right candidate is a skilled drafter and negotiator, willing to tackle a wide range of legal issues and ready to partner cross-functionally on initiatives that influence all aspects of our rapidly growing business.
This is a unique opportunity to add significant value to an excellent legal team in an innovative and dynamic environment. You will serve as a primary legal contact for our commercial and operations teams and end-to-end support in the contracting experience. You will draft, review and negotiate commercial contracts, including customer agreements, software licenses, professional services agreements and vendor agreements, to ensure alignment with Omada’s business goals, policies and risk tolerance. You will also work with stakeholders across multiple functions to manage expectations, ensure sign-off on appropriate terms and maintain compliance with ongoing contractual obligations. In addition to your work in commercial contracting, you will help to develop and refine playbooks, templates and processes to enhance efficiency, provide legal advice and counseling to internal stakeholders and work as part of a highly collaborative team to manage the day-to-day legal needs of a rapidly growing business.
- 4+ years of relevant legal experience working on commercial transactions, with a combination of experience in house and at a top U.S. law firm
- Extensive background in drafting service agreements, license agreements, SaaS agreements, data use agreements, partnership agreements and NDAs
- Understanding of the practical legal concerns involved in technology and commercial transactions
- Excellent negotiation skills to apply to complex transactions and discussions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and experience with public speaking
- Ability to lead, manage and prioritize competing transactions and other projects from inception to completion in a collaborative, fast-paced environment
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Experience working with and counseling clients in day-to-day business operations (i.e., sales, operations, engineering, product management, marketing, finance, etc.)
- Ability to understand complex issues, assess risk and provide concise, practical and business-focused legal advice to stakeholders across the company
- Strong organizational, critical-thinking and problem-solving skills
- Accredited law degree and California bar membership
Bonus points for:
- Prior work experience in the healthcare industry (including experience negotiating service agreements and/or provider agreements with health insurance companies)
- Understanding of federal and state privacy laws relating to the protection of personal health information, including HIPAA
- Experience handling privacy and data security matters in commercial contracts
- Competitive salary
- Stock options (extended post termination option exercise window for Omadans who are with us 3 years or more)
- Flexible vacation
- Parental leave
- Health, dental, and vision
- Healthy snacks and meals
- Wellness events (e.g. running club)
- Community volunteering
- 401k retirement savings plan
About Omada Health:
We’ve pioneered digital behavioral medicine: an innovative approach to tackling the growing epidemic of type 2 diabetes, heart disease, and obesity. Our online programs combine world-class science, technology, and design to inspire and enable people everywhere to live free of chronic disease. Named one of Fast Company’s “50 Most Innovative Companies in the World,” our team includes passionate and talented individuals. Our approach has been embraced by major employers across the country, including Costco and Iron Mountain, as well as leading health plans, such as Kaiser Permanente and Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana.
We carefully hire the best talent we can find, which means actively seeking diversity of beliefs, backgrounds, education, and ways of thinking. We strive to build an inclusive culture where differences are celebrated and leveraged to inform better design and business decisions. Omada is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws.