Casper is seeking a passionate Data Solutions Manager to join our Data & Analytics team and lead the effort to build and strengthen our data and data product capabilities. The Data Solutions Manager willworks closely with analysts, data engineers, and stakeholders across all departments at Casper to drive strategy and execution across various data products. You will collaborate with our teams across the globe to deliver impactful data and analytics products that help fuel Casper’s growth, improve efficiencies, and inspire brand love.
Casper (casper.com) is a global sleep company that launched in 2014 with an obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress sold directly to consumers. Its critically acclaimed sleep surface was developed in-house, has a sleek design, and is delivered in a small, "how did they do that?"-sized box. The company is one of the fastest-growing consumer brands of all time, and its product line has expanded to include sheets, pillows, a matching foundation, and a dog mattress. Casper was named one of Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies in 2017, and its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do
- Lead reporting and insights automation initiative, responsible for leading the efforts of scoping, planning, delivering automatic business intelligence reports and customer insights.
- Own and manage analytical platforms such as Looker
- Manage analytical data roadmap and work with Data Engineering to build and strengthen our data capability
- Lead the effort to productionize data and analytics products
- Lead Data & Analytics’ quarterly planning activities, collaborating with team members, stakeholders and management to define requirements and scope for new projects, determine resource needs and capacity, set priorities, and commit to a roadmap.
- Help to manage Data Engineering projects across the full lifecycle, from idea generation through development, QA and deployment, continuously seeking ways to improve upon our processes.
- Conduct sprint meetings with the team and key stakeholders to define issues, prioritize tasks, commit to work, and review results.
- Communicate project status and success to the team, stakeholders, and the broader Casper organization.
- Work with the team to productionalize impactful analyses and create data products that serve Casper’s mission.
Our dream candidate has...
- 3+ years of experience in relevant fields such as data engineering, analytics, or business intelligence who is interested in product/program management
- Strong knowledge of databases and analytical platforms, extra credit for redshift or Looker experience
- Experience in related domains such as reporting, data modeling, ETL, with knowledge of analytical applications
- Strong project management skills and can prioritize and manage deadlines across a portfolio of projects with cross-functional teams.
- Experience managing projects within both an agile and waterfall environment (and knows when one is preferred over the other).
- Mastered the art of creating space for analysts or engineers to do their work while also creating the structure needed to drive a program forward.
- Worked with project management software such as Jira, Asana, or Trello.
- (Bonus:) Written code in SQL, R and/or Python.
- (Bonus:) Experience in the furniture, home goods or related consumer industry.